Chapter 44: Breaking News!

Hazels Pov-

The next day the 4 of us were eating breakfast at iHop. Taylor loves their pancakes so we had to eat here, the look on his face when he got them was priceless, and so adorable. Our waiter lady brought us the check that Taylor insisted on paying, but I always like to go halfsies. I don't like when people pay for me, I just want to give back, ya know? Plus, Taylor has already done so much for me it's crazy!

"Taylor, can I pay for once? Just once!" I whinned, "I feel so bad now." I pouted my lip as I looked into Taylors eyes. "No babe, it's my job," he kissed my cheek, "pouting your lip and making those cute puppy dog eyes won't help you." he laughed. Then out waiter lady came back, picked up the check and left, but then she paused and turned her head, "By the way, Congradulations you two." and then she walked away.

"What was that?" Sam said as she took a sip from her orange juice. "I have no idea? Maybe she recongnized us from our new song?" I question. But even that didn't sound right, you don't congradulate someone on a new song, you say you like it, or that its good. It's something else, but what? Whatever, it's probably nothing.

We got up from our booth in the corner and headed out. I handed Taylor the keys to the Mercedes and we all got into the car. "Where to next guys?" Taylor turned his head, looking at Sam and Nash. "Lets go to that one place with the karts?" Sam offered. "You mean Go-Go-Karts, babe?" Nash sort of corrected her. Go-Go-Karts is this indoor/outdoor place where you can race. It's like $15 a race, which isn't too bad. "Go-Go-Karts it is then!" Taylor started to make his way out of the iHop parking lot and started to make his way to the place.

As we were driving on the road, I turned on the radio and guess what was playing? Yup, our new song Love Me Harder.
This song was getting mad publicity, I'm just glad people actually like my music. It's all I ever wanted in this world.

"We're here." Taylor said, parking into an empty lot. We got off the car and went inside this huge building where you can hear engines and hollers.
We went to the booth where we had to sign a waiver telling us how if we got hurt we wouldn't sue, and if one of the karts breaks or whatever than we'd have to pay for the repair/new part. So, once we were done signing, we payed the $15 each. Then, they took us to this photo booth area and they took hour head shots for the fake license.

"Alright, so we have four different courses, one is a simple oval. Two is a figure eight. Three has more curves, turns, and little bridges. Finally, four has hills and drops, and a really cool tunnel."
Obviously we went with four because it sounded the most exciting.

The guy walked us into a room with helmets and gloves. You know things to protect us. Then he showed us the way to course four.

They had multiple kart colors, they all looked so cute. Nash got red, Taylor got blue, Sam got pink, and I went with a simple black. The best part of the color is that it's matte.

"Let's make this interesting?" Taylor said as I put my hair into a ponytail, "let's race!" Everybody agreed but Taylor wasn't finished yet, "loser has to pay for dinner later!" Usually, I would mind losing, but not this time. I wouldn't mind losing, because than I'd be able to pay something for once! But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try and win.

"Let's do this thing!" Nash said putting his helmet on. "Gee, I hope I don't crash or something." Sam said as she put her gloves on.

We all sat in a line of four in the beginning of the track where it said start.
One of the staff workers had a checkered flag and started to speak.
"Alright, there are five laps! No crap talking, try not to bump into each other, and don't turn the other direction and start driving backward. Do any of those and you'll be kicked out immediately."