Chapter 2: Sleep Overs & Letters

*Later that Day*

I came down stairs, while texting Sam, almost tripping, for not looking where I was going.

It was 6:20

Sam <3: What should I bring later ?

Me: The main stuff, like money, your charger, your bag, and that letter we got earlier !

Sam <3: oh yeah. Almost forgot, see you in 15.

Me: Oh my gash, okay. See you soon bae!

Sam: bye bae!

I walked over to my mom, she was setting up the table for dinner. She had made lasagna, bread sticks, and for dessert she made Chocolate Mud Pie, my favorite!

My mom had some pretty cool features, she was really pretty. Her hair was long and wavy. She was at a good height for her age, but the one thing that made her super pretty, was her green eyes. They just really pop!

"Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes." My mother said."

I got excited, cause' all I wanted to do was devour that Mud Pie!

My sister Bell came down stairs with the laptop in her hands, she looked really excited about something.

"Haz, look at this new video from the boys!"

My little sister said.

She was obsessed with this group of boys called the "Magcon Boys"

I was a fan too, but not as big as my sister was. I only really liked one boy..

His name is Taylor Caniff, he had the total package.

"Just look at Hayes! He's so adorable, and those eyes!" My sister drooled.

"No way sis," I said "Taylor is way more adorable!"

My sister obsessed with Hayes more because he's 14, and she's 13.

She went with the boy closer to her age.

"You're just mad because Taylor isn't as hot as Hayes!" She snapped back playfully.

Right then Sam barged into the kitchen,

"No ladies, you're wrong. Nash is way more cuter than both Taylor and Hayes combined." She said with a smirk on her face and her hand on her hip.

I got up and gave Sam a hug.

"You know there's a door bell, right?"

I told her.

"Yeah, but best-friends don't do that." She laughed.

My mother spoke, "alright Hazel, help Sam get settled. dinner will be ready in 5 minutes."

I ran upstairs with Sam, so she could leave her bags in my room,

Then we rushed back down stairs to go eat.

When we got down there the food was served and my sister was already eating.

"Mmm, I'm starved!" Sam said.

And so was I. Even though I eat all the time.

We ate quickly, Sam and I just wanted to go gossip and talk about boys in my room.

Even tough she had a boyfriend, she liked to talk about male models and such.

Sam and I ran up stairs to change into pajamas.

I put on some spandex, a pullover that said booty, and some black socks.

Sam was just wearing a black tank and boxer shorts.

I was sitting at my desk, on my laptop. Reading about recent celebrity news,

@E!News : Problem by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea is #1 in the us on iTunes!

@JBNews : Justin was spotted with a new girl hugging and kissing! Will Selena be jealous?

I then logged into YouTube, I had 3,235 subscribers.

My videos were pretty lame. They were just makeup and haul videos.

Nothing to big, but I really want my channel to expand this summer!

Sam whispered "let's read our letters to each other! I've been dying to read it believe it or not!"

I completely forgot about that, I went to my backpack and got my letter.

Sam started to open her letter and she began to read it to me,

Dear Samantha,

We're doing this stupid assignment about what our plans are going to be during the summer, and I think it's stupid because we're in the middle in December, and summer is just so far away.. Anyways this summer we're gonna hang with Hazel so much, and we're going to cuddle in the same bed as Jhonatan too! And let's go meet the Magcon Boys <333 And we should start our youtube channel. Just like Hazel! Let's just make this Summer Ours!

12-03-13

Sam just kept staring at the letter with a look of disgust.

Then she started to laugh loudly. I laughed along with her.

"Oh my gosh, this is so bad," she said while brushing off a tear of laughter off her face "I was more childish then." She finished.

"Only in our dreams will we ever meet the magcon boys.." I said.

"Shut up you bitch." She joked.

"I bet your letter is more embarrassing!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know Mrs.Ripe read these over, right?" I stated.

"I doubt I put anything stupid in mine, like cuddling with Jhonatan!" I joked with her.

I then opened the letter and began to read it to Sam,

Dear Hazel,

Let's just get to the point. We're boring. We never do anything but sleep, eat, and go online. This summer, we're determined to become a new type of Hazel! You're always to strict and you need to let loose! Fall in love a lot, get hurt! Jump out of a plane! Get drunk! Go to a couple of parties and go insane! Maybe even have sex?! But be safe, just don't do drugs, okay? Just come out of your nerdy stupid shell that we've had all our lives.

12-01-13

My jaw dropped..

I really wrote that to myself? They weren't kidding when they said you are your own harshest critic.

Sam spoke "umm.. You know Mrs.Ripe read these over?"

She referred to what I said earlier.

I looked at her with wide eyes, I wrote some stupid crap in here and I forgot someone read this over..

I felt like a stupid ass..

"You wanna get drunk? Lose your virginity? Hazel this was worse than mine!"

She then bursted out laughing loudly.

"Keep your voice down!" I snapped at her.

"I don't want my mom to hear, okay I admit it was stupid, but I was 15 at the time. Let it go!"

"Alright, let's just get to bed."

We both got up and went under my covers. I put on my earbuds, music really helps me sleep.

Before I knew it, Sam was already sleeping.

I was just laying there. All I could think about was that stupid letter, It really got me thinking..

Can I make this summer, my perfect summer..?