Chapter 10 | Revenge

"Are you sure they can swim?" Lily asked.

"I'm not so sure about Sirius, but I know that James can," I said. "Come on."

Lily and I climbed the stairs to the boys' dormitory. We went up as quietly as possible and opened the door slowly so that the hinges didn't squeak.

"James is in that bed," I whispered, pointing. "This one here is Sirius. You take care of Potter, and I'll take care of him."

"Got it," Lily murmured.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I muttered.

Sirius's body rose into the air and hovered over his bed. I heard Lily cast the same spell, and James began to float.

"C'mon," I whispered, and we left the dormitory.

We walked down the stairs quietly, careful not to wake either of the boys. We stopped in the common room, where I began to cast Disillusionment Charms.

"Aren't they going to feel something?" Lily asked.

"No," I whispered. "Not with you simultaneously casting a heating spell."

Lily and I worked on James first, turning him invisible so that the teachers wouldn't see his body floating through the halls. We were about to start on Sirius when someone cleared their throat behind us. I slowly turned around to face Remus Lupin. He was wearing his pyjamas, which consisted of sweatpants and a shirt. He raised an eyebrow at us.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said innocently.

"Where's James?" he asked.

"Right there," I said, pointing at where his invisible body floated.

Remus blinked in surprise.

"I'm a prefect, you know," he said. "I should be telling McGonagall about this."

"Lily's a prefect, too," I said. "I don't see her telling anyone."

Remus sighed exasperatedly.

"The only reason you were spared, Lupin, is because you changed my eyebrows back," I warned him.

He put his hands up in surrender.

"Just don't kill them, okay?" he requested.

"No promises," I muttered.

"We won't kill them," Lily said. "And I'll make sure Y/n doesn't."

Remus seemed to deem that good enough before he yawned and went back upstairs. Lily and I glanced to each other. She wiggled her eyebrows at me, and I stuck my tongue out at her.

"C'mon, let's make Black invisible," I muttered.

Once we'd done that, I cast Disillusionment Charms on the both of us, and we left the common room. The poor Fat Lady was very confused when she swung open, but no one was there.

Lily and I took James and Sirius down through the hallways of the castle, dodging teachers and being quiet.

Sirius snoring didn't really help with either of those things.

"Ugh, will he shut up?" Lily whispered frustratedly.

"Silencio," I whispered, pointing my wand at the place I knew Sirius was hovering,

His snoring stopped.

"Let's go," I whispered.

We continued out of the tower and to the Black Lake. I conjured an inflatable boat, something I'd seen in a muggle store while I was looking around London with James over the summer.

"Let's put them down now," I said.

I removed the Disillusionment Charm from the both of them before we lowered them into the boat and pushed it out into the lake.

"I hope the squid eats them," I mumbled.

Lily gasped.

"What if it does?" she asked anxiously.

"Then you won't be able to lose your virginity to Potter. Sorry," I said, shrugging.

"Where the fuck are you so I can hit you?" she said angrily.

I chuckled and looked around for her, but I couldn't see her.

"Let's get back before we get caught," I said.

Lily grumbled but agreed. We walked through the castle back to the Gryffindor Tower. I had to remove the Disillusionment Charm from Lily and myself at the Fat Lady's portrait, because she almost started screaming when a disembodied voice began speaking to her.

I jumped into my pyjamas and then bed, a smile on my face at the prank I'd just pulled.

↢⋄↣

"Y/n, where are James and Sirius?" Remus asked me at the breakfast table the next day.

"I don't know," I said innocently. "Do you, Lily?"

Lily shook her head and smiled mischievously. The doors to the Great Hall opened and I could have sworn I faintly heard Sirius screeching as Filch entered the room. Filch jogged to the end of the room where he leant over and whispered to Professor Dumbledore. Dumbledore's eyebrows raised at Filch before he stood up and followed him out of the Hall.

"I wonder what that was about," Remus said, looking pointedly at me.

"Me too," I replied.

We found out soon after what Filch had been talking about. Somehow, James Potter and Sirius Black had ended up in an inflatable boat in the middle of the Black Lake.

Professor McGonagall knew it was me. That's why I was called into her office.

"Did you or did you not find a way to strand Mr Black and Mr Potter in the middle of the Black Lake?" she asked.

"I did," I said.

There was no point in lying. Besides, it was a great prank. I wanted the credit.

"Are you aware of the fact that Mr Black cannot swim?" she asked.

"I prepared for that, actually," I said. "That's why I gave them a boat."

She looked at me for a moment before the corners of her mouth twitched upwards.

"Well done," she said. "Although I should be disciplining you, it was time someone pranked them back."

I smiled brightly.

"But I want a foot of parchment on Animagi," she said. "Something advanced, to keep you busy."

"Yes, Professor," I said.

She dismissed me and I made my way to the common room. When I opened the door, I was met with applause.

"That. Was. Amazing!" Sirius yelled at me, giving me a tight hug. "How'd you do it?"

"Can't tell you that," I said. "Although I had some help."

"Well, we forgive you," James said. "It was so amazing, we just can't stay mad at you."

"Change the colour of my eyebrows again, and it'll be worse next time," I warned.

James and Sirius just grinned at me.