Chapter 32 | End Of The Year

I chucked my clothes into my trunk without watching.

It was the last day of school before we had to go home for the summer.

I was super excited for this summer, seeing as Lily and the Marauders all agreed to catch up a whole lot over the summer. I knew that Lily was going to stay with me for three nights while the boys stayed with James for three nights.

It was going to be amazing.

But I found myself reluctantly packing my trunk, not overly excited.

I was going to miss Hogwarts.

Sure, it was school, and sometimes it was boring, but I was going to miss the castle. It was like a second home to me. I was going to miss Quidditch, I was going to miss the food, and I was going to miss hanging out with the Marauders all day long.

"Let's go down to dinner now," Lily said. "We've got to see who won the house cup."

"Pretty sure we didn't," I said. "I think I lost about a hundred points for Gryffindor this year."

"Well, James lost two hundred and thirty-one, so you're not going to win against the Marauders," she said.

I chuckled and walked down the stairs to the common room.

"L/n, how many did you lose?" James asked.

"Only a hundred," I said.

James whooped at pointed at Sirius.

"I won!" James said.

"Y'know, most people prefer earning points," I said.

The Marauders laughed, and we headed down to our last feast of the year. We all sat beside and across from each other and spoke excitedly between ourselves until Dumbledore began to speak.

"Another year has passed. Before we tuck into our delectable repast, I must bore you with an old man's wheezing waffle. What an incredible year it's been! Hopefully, your heads are a little more filled than they were before. You have the entire summer to make them nice and empty before the new school year begins," Dumbledore said.

"The cup, the cup," Sirius whispered.

"And now, for the House Cup," Dumbledore said. "In fourth place is Hufflepuff, with three hundred and sixty two points; third is Ravenclaw with three hundred and eighty nine points; Slytherin, with four hundred and twenty five points and Gryffindor with four hundred and fifty points!"

The Gryffindor table erupted in cheers. James and Sirius whistled. Dumbledore waved his wand and the banners changed to the Gryffindor banner.

↢⋄↣

The morning of the leaving day arrived. My trunk was fully packed, and I headed down to breakfast with Lily and the Marauders. We all talked excitedly about the summer and talked about how much we were going to miss Hogwarts.

James and Sirius talked about how much they were going to miss pranking people. I hoped that they forgot that I lived next to James.

The train trip was pretty average. I sat in Remus's lap the entire time, cuddling close to him. James and Lily played a round of Wizard's chess, and Sirius encouraged them both from the sidelines.

When the train began to slow, we grabbed our trunks. When the train stopped, we all stepped off together. We all walked through the platform and arrived on the Muggle's side of Kings Cross Station.

"See you all over the summer," Lily said.

She gave everyone a hug and James a kiss before she walked over to her parents.

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" I said to Remus.

Remus chuckled and kissed me.

"Definitely," he said. "I love you."

"I love you more," I said.