Chapter 17 | Hogsmeade

"And don't forget to write a foot of parchment on the properties of the Polyjuice Potion!" Slughorn called as we exited the dungeons.

"Hey, Y/n, do you want to work on the Potions stuff tonight?" Remus asked.

I sighed.

"I would love to, but I have Quidditch practice," I said. "Sorry."

"No, don't worry about it," he said quickly.

I bit my lip.

"I'm pretty sure you could do it with Lily, if you're looking for a study buddy," I said.

"I – erm... I wanted to spend time with you, actually," he mumbled, going red.

That caused me to start spluttering and stuttering. I couldn't think of words to say. I could barely think at all, actually.

Luckily for me, Lily grabbed my arm barely a second later.

"Hey, there's a Hogsmeade trip this weekend," she said. "You two going?"

"Yeah," Remus and I both said at the same time.

"You going with Potter?" I asked. "On a date?"

I winked at her and wiggled my eyebrows. She punched me in the side, and I glared at her.

"You doing the Potions stuff after classes?" Lily asked.

"I have Quidditch," I mumbled. "You can both come to watch if you want."

"That sounds nice," Lily said. "Watching my boyfriend and best friend play Quidditch."

"And Sirius."

"Yeah, him too."

I snorted at Sirius's irrelevance and continued on with the day.

Less than half an hour after classes ended for the day, I was on the Quidditch pitch with my team. Lily, Remus, and Peter were in the stands, just watching and doing a bit of homework.

The team flew into the air and paused in a circle, with James on my left and Sirius on my right.

"Alright, we're going to be doing some of our usual drills," James said. "Pietro, you're off to the goal posts. Y/n and Wanda, you two will be trying to score, while Sirius, Carol, and I defend. We'll switch it up after about ten minutes or so."

I started off with the Quaffle, dodging my team members and flying towards the goals. I passed the Quaffle to Wanda who scored against Pietro. They both stuck their tongues out at each other playfully.

Pietro saved the next three goals, but I was able to get a score past him.

Eventually we switched over, and I was an interceptor. We trained for about an hour longer before we all trudged back up to the castle.

I had a shower to wash off the sweat before going down to the Great Hall for dinner. Remus complimented me on my skills. I started coughing and almost choked to death on my potato.

After dinner, Lily and I stayed up talking about James and Remus. It was actually pretty fun, and my heart did a weird fluttery thing whenever I thought about Remus.

I wished he could be mine.

↢⋄↣

I woke up on the Hogsmeade weekend feeling... awake for once. I changed into some warm clothes and went down to breakfast with Lily. We met the boys down there. James kissed Lily on the cheek and Sirius pretended to gag into his cereal.

"I need some more supplies from Zonko's," James announced. "I have a really good idea of how to prank the teachers."

"Will it get us expelled?" Sirius asked.

"Possibly," James said roguishly.

"Excellent," Sirius grinned. "I'm in."

I rolled my eyes and took a bite out of my food.

Before we left to go to Hogsmeade, Lily had to go grab something. I asked her if she'd like me to go with her, but she said that she was fine.

When Lily came back, she walked over to James with a smile on her face.

"Evans," James said flirtatiously, holding out his hand.

"Potter," Lily replied, equally as flirtatiously, grabbing his hand and interlacing their fingers.

I rolled my eyes at the pair.

"L/n," Sirius said and held out his arm to me, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Black," I replied in a high-pitched voice, linking our arms.

"Sod off, you two," James said.

Sirius and I both laughed, un-linking our arms. We all walked down to Hogsmeade, chatting about everything and yet nothing. James and Lily held hands the entire time, which I thought was extremely cute.

What else did I find extremely cute?

Remus walking with his hands in his pockets, curls falling down over his face.

Damn, he was a gorgeous sight.

"Where do we want to go first?" I asked once we'd reached the village.

"Zonko's," Sirius said.

No one disagreed, so we walked to the Joke Shop. There were all different types of things in there, like sugar quills, stink pellets, and Nose-Biting Teacups.

The perfect place for the Marauders if I was being honest.

Once Sirius had what he wanted (and the rest of us bought a few things for pranks) we left the Joke Shop and stopped at Honeydukes. We all bought some sweets and chocolate before we were on our way to The Three Broomsticks.

We entered the inn and got a booth near the back. Sirius and James went up to get the drinks while Remus, Peter, Lily, and I sat down. Lily sat on one edge next to Peter, and I sat on the other next to Remus.

After a few minutes, James and Sirius came back with the butterbeers. James sat next to Lily, and Sirius sat next to me. He pushed me over in the seat so that my side was touching Remus's. My body tensed up at the contact, but I forced myself to relax.

It was fine. He was just my crush, not a mass murderer.

Talk came easily to us all. We had a great time and mainly bullied Lily and James. That was fun.

When we had to go home, I walked back next to Remus. His hand brushed against mine, and my cheeks felt like they were hotter than the sun.

It's nothing, I told myself.

Even though I wished it was something.