Chapter Twenty : The Rescue

Panting, Ellia clasped onto the sheet of her bed before screaming in pain. Her head throbbed and so did the rest of her body. Patrick and Patricia had just left her there, screaming in pain whilst they went off to see their stupid Dark Lord. Ellia had heard them talking, they where all going to Malfoy Manor. Malfoy. Draco's image circled Ellia's head as she missed him, Aurora, Panemia, Fred, George and even the rest of the group who she'd recently met. She just wanted to see them all. She wanted to see Albus, her father, Narcissa, Minerva and even Filch. She longed to be loved and not tortured.

Severus paced the field outside the torn up cottage. His hands where in his head and he just didn't understand why she would be here. It'd been months since he'd last felt her pain, and that pain almost killed him.

"Are you sure Albus?" He asked Dumbledore, who was studying the house.

"I'm certain Severus," Albus nodded, crossing his arms.

"Albus, Severus has a point. Why would he keep Ellia in your old house?" Minerva questioned the headmaster.

"That I'm unsure of Minerva, but I know for sure she's in there," Albus said.

"Well let's go then," Severus said, storming towards the cottage. Pushing the small wooden door open, he took in the surroundings. There was blood splattered everywhere. Holes in the wall, splatters of blood on the ceiling. It looked like a death scene. Death.

"Albus, you need to see this," Severus demanded, a glint of worry in his croaky voice. He feared the worst, that the blood was Ellia's and that the reason he couldn't feel her pai was because she was dead.

"Severus, let's not fear the worst," Albus sighed, entering the house.

"Albus this is more than I feared," Minerva added.

"Let's not worry. We'll all search the rooms for her, Severus and minerva downstairs, I shall be upstairs," Albus said, before parting ways with the pair. Hearing the steps of the stairs creak, Ellia but her tongue, fearing it was Patrick. She heard people talking downstairs yet only briefly. It must be Patrick, because only Patrick comes upstairs now. Cowarding back in her cupboard, she gasped as she heard somebody grab hold of the door handle.

"Please don't hurt me," She trembled. The door opened wide before Rays of light entered the cupboard and met Ellia's eyes. But instead of Patrick stood there, it was Albus. Albus Dumbledore.

"Ellia," Albus gasped, picking her up and carrying her body out of the cupboard. He'd put her down as soon as she was out, as his body was growing weak and old and at some point, he knew he was to die.

"Professor Dumbledore," Ellia trembled, trying to speak.

"Hush girl, don't waste your voice," Albus said, before Severus ran up the stairs.

"Ellia!" He shouted, running to his daughter and swooping her up in his arms.

"We need to get her back to the hospital wing, now," Minerva said, appearing from the stairs. Ellia shut her eyes, her body aching as her father carried her out. She was with him now, her father. He'd missed somewhat of her childhood/ teenage years. But that was fine now. Because he had her, and she was safe.

Eyes met Severus's as he ran desperately through the crowd of students, Ellia slung in his arms. Only a few had recognised her face, Aurora being one of them. As soon as her eyes set foot on the body, she knew exactly who it was. And so did Pansy, stood only a couple of steps away. Biting her lip and holding her breath, she ran into the girls bathroom, afraid of Ellia's state. Aurora, on the other hand, raced after her old Potions professor, chasing him through the crowds of students.

"Professor, wait!" she called, desperately trying to not get caught up by the crowd. Running still, Aurora approached the Hospital Wing just as her Professor placed Ellia gently down on a vacant bed.

"Poppy!" He shouted, causing Aurora to jump.

"Severus, please lower your voice whilst in here it's a Hospital," Poppy scolded him, approaching the desperate Professor.

"I do not care Poppy, it's Ellia. She's not dead," Severus said, pointing at the now not vacant bed.

"Gosh," Poppy gasped, rushing to the beside, "What happened?"

"I don't know Poppy, just fix it," Severus demanded, looking at his hurt daughter.

"Professor?" Aurora asked, walking up to the professor.

"Miss Grace I suggest you leave, now," He demanded.

"Sir, but.." Aurora argued.

"Leave now," Severus ordered.

"Now Severus, Aurora simply wishes to see her best friend, that is all," Albus said, entering the Hospital Wing alongside Minerva.

"Well Ellia does not wish of company," Severus snapped.

"How would you know this? She's near on unconscious," Poppy added, examining the girl.

"Severus it is best if we all leave, give Poppy some time to heal Ellia and for Ellia to wake up. All you'll do is question her anyway, and we have things to discuss," Albus said to him, before glancing at Ellia's broken body.

"Albus I must insist that I cannot do it," Severus said, too looking at Ellia.

"This is not something to discuss here Severus," Albus said, "I'll be in my office." And with that, he exited the Hospital Wing.

"I must go Severus, whatever you and Albus have to discuss I suggest you do it soon," Minerva suggested, before following Albus out.

"Sir I shall leave now," Aurora sighed, walking away.

"Miss Grace," Severus called. Spinning around, Aurora stared wide eyed at her professor.

"Yes sir?" She asked, before her eyes looked at her damaged best friend. Severus wondered whether it was worth leaving Aurora to stay with Ellia, or to just leave her alone with Poppy.

"Make sure you behave in Defence Against the Dark Arts," Severus sighed, going against the idea of Aurora staying with Ellia.

"Yes sir," Aurora sighed, exiting the hospital wing. Severus took one last glance at his daughter, before too leaving the hospital wing.