Chapter Twenty-One : The no-longer Lost Gryffindor

Squeaking, Ellia opened her eyes slightly to see Madame Pomfrey leaning over her. Sighing with relief, she scanned the area with her eyes to check where she was. The Hospital Wing. Finally, Ellia was home at Hogwarts, and for once out of Patrick's clasp.

"Miss Snape, I haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing?" She asked Ellia politely.

"It's good to be here, as in Hogwarts. Not so much the Hospital Wing. I seem to always be in here," Ellia chuckled, whilst struggling to sit up.

"Here," Madame Pomfrey said, wrapping an arm behind Ellia's back, "Let me help." Slightly pushing her up, Madame Pomfrey rested a pillow underneath Ellia's back and neck, before Ellia rested against the soft pillows.

"Thank you," Ellia thanked her, before realising that the Hospital Wong was empty. "Where is everybody?" She asked Madame Pomfrey, pulling the covers slightly more over her body.

"They're all in the Great Hall. Would you like to join them, I can get a Professor to come and aid you there," Madame Pomfrey suggested. Smiling at the nurse for what seemed like the first time in ages, Ellia nodded.

"Please," she said.

"Sure thing,"

"Does Professor McGonagall still teach here?" Ellia asked the nurse.

"Yes dear. Would you like her to aid you to the Great Hall?" Pomfrey asked the teen.

"Already here," The students and nurses head turned to see Professor McGonagall stood in front of them.

"Professor," Ellia smiled.

"Good to see you awake and a little more alright than before," McGonagall said, walking over to the bedside.

"Thank you Professor, you look good too," Ellia complemented her head of house.

"Ahh we all know you are lying. I actually came up to give you Gryffindor robes to wear, that's if you want to stay in my house?" McGonagall asked her, handing her a small pile of Hogwart's uniform.

"I wouldn't dream of moving out of Gryffindor, professor," Ellia said.

"Well, let's get you changed into your robes then," Madame Pomfrey said, pulling out her wand. With a quick spell, Ellia's old torn clothes where replaced with sparkling new Hogwarts robes. Grabbing her arm lightly, Professor McGonagall aided Ellia out the hospital bed.

"The feast has just started," McGonagall said, "You haven't missed much." Still holding Ellia's arm, the professor helped her walk out of the hospital wing and into the corridors near the Great Hall. Familiar portraits greeted Ellia as wandered through the corridors. Memories came flushing back into her head. For a moment, the past was nothing but a distant memory.

"That's good. This place has hardly changed," Ellia said, remembering the way to the Great Hall.

"It doesn't tend to change. Just a few staffing changes," Professor McGonagall said.

"Like who?" Curiously asked Ellia, thinking who the school could replace.

"Different Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher each year, this year your father teaches it," McGonagall said.

"Really?" Ellia said, her eyes beaming, "He's always wanted to be that professor."

"Yes well Professor Horace Slughorn has replaced him for potions, although your father is still head of Slytherin," McGonagall added.

"Why wouldn't he," Ellia joked, limping up to the Great Hall's entrance.

"Well, lets go in," Professor McGonagall smiled, before pushing open the large doors. Behind the doors hid 4 huge tables, each filled with dozens and dozens of students. The usual melting candles floated just under the sky lit ceiling. At the front, the long staffing table stood with a line of staff sat eating their feast. One chair was vacant next to the headmaster, McGonagall's place. Everything was just how Ellia remembered, and more. However as soon as the students noticed Ellia, everything fell silent. Even Professor Dumbledore stopped his conversation just to look at Ellia.

"Welcome Ellia," Dumbledore called, arising from his seat. Several students glanced at the headmaster as he did so, but most had their eyes glued on Ellia. She was unfamiliar to almost all the students.

"Thank you Professor," Ellia said, walking down the long aisle to an empty Gryffindor seat.

"Please, join us to celebrate the day," Dumbledore said, raising a glass.

"Of course headmaster," Ellia nodded, sitting down and reaching for a goblet. Many students on the Gryffindor table turned and stared at Ellia, but Aurora reluctantly left her seat to be next to Ellia.

"To a great day and the return of Ellia Mae Snape," McGonagall called, walking back up to her place on the staffing table. Ellia's eyes were astonished as she took a selection of food from the banquet.

"You not going to say hi to your best friend?" Aurora asked, staring wide eyed at Ellia. Dropping a chicken leg, Ellia securely wrapped her arms around her best friend.

"Why wouldn't I say hi. I missed you so much," Ellia said, her head buried in Aurora's shoulder blade.

"Shut up you, aha I missed you more," Aurora said, before releasing her. Feeling a slight tap on her shoulder, Ellia turned her head to see Ron sat next to her.

"Ron," Ellia started, "How's the twins?"

"They're good, but they'll be relieved to see you. They really do miss you," Ron said.

"I miss them too," Ellia said, before her head snapped to face the staffing table. Looking for her father, she found his seat was unoccupied. Instead, her father was almost racing down the middle of the tables. Grabbing Ellia's coat lightly, she stepped out from behind the table before being forced to follow her father.

"Dad," she complained, turning back to her friends for help. But none of them would dare intervene with Professor Snape. He took Ellia down into his quarters, slamming the door open. Not much had changed in her father's quarters, the same banners where up, and the same photographs where placed on the fireplace.

"Ellia," Severus finally said, wrapping his arms around his daughter so tightly that he nearly broke her body in half.

"Dad, you're hurting me," Ellia choked, forcing her dad off of her.

"How did you get entangled in this mess?" Severus asked his brutally beaten daughter.

"You," was Ellia's simple reply, as she thought back to what Patrick, Patricia and Voldemort said.

"What do you mean me?" Severus questioned his daughter.

"Patrick and Patricia, they said you where some sort of Death Eater. And then this pale guy, Voldemort, came," Ellia revealed.

"You met the Dark Lord?" Severus questioned, grabbing hold of Ellia's arms.

"Yes I did. And he said you where a faithful servant of his," Ellia blurted out, turning away from her father's eyes.

"He said that? You don't believe him, do you?" Severus asked his daughter. Feeling arms wrap around him, he smiled to see it was Ellia.

"Of course not. You wouldn't do that," Ellia said, her head buried in her father's chest. Deep down Severus knew to enjoy the moment, he had just gotten her back. But in time, she'd never want to speak to him again. Ever.