Chapter 11.5: Wicked Game

The following day, I headed out earlier than usual. I didn't want to see any of their faces after yesterday's talk. Earlier that week, I'd spotted a small forest leading up to the school, and I've wanted to walk through it ever since, so this was the perfect opportunity.

I was still fairly upset about Lyra's words and hated the idea of being excluded from the gang's business. I stepped out from the underground and strolled towards the hills of U.A. My brain was so busy untangling this situation that I didn't instantly detect who was marching a little further in front of me. Eventually, my eyes noticed the silhouette, and I was surprised to see who it belonged to - The ash-blond Death-Urchin, Bakugo.

I figured I'd better keep my distances to avoid any early morning trouble along the way. But my mood was soon dampened when he took a turn towards the forest path. Ugh... That's just my luck now. Oh well, Guess the forest is public property, right? I decided to cross it anyway, keeping a safe distance to remain unnoticed.

Entering that forest was like a real breath of fresh air. The pale rays of the morning sun flickered through the trees' spring leaves, occasionally blurring my vision. The chill early April air numbed my lips and tickled my lungs. I closed my eyes, letting the forestry sounds flow through my ears, all the way to my mind, putting it at peace.

My peaceful thoughts were very soon interrupted by the noise of brutal stomping, and when I opened my eyes, a wild Bakugo was rampaging towards me. " Oy, You! Who the hell are you! You're following me or something?"

Oh, Dear. Paranoid much?

My cold bicolored gaze met his burning one. "Uh, no? I'm heading to U.A. I am in your class. Identical uniforms, that a tip-off?" I folded my arms across my chest, wondering if he was that egocentric not to remember his own classmates. For doubt's benefit, my hair was down today, so it could explain that obliviousness, but still.

Not appreciating my cheeky banter, he kept barking with bared teeth, "Don't give me that lame excuse, you rag doll! No one ever comes this way, so get your ass back to the commoner's road!" He pointed back at the main road leading to the school.

He sure has a talent for name-calling. I raised my eyebrows nonchalantly and looked up. "Well, I don't want to use the commoner's road. I like this road."

His face twisted in a fury. "I don't give a single fuck of what you like! You trampling like an overweight troll behind me disturbs my daily focus walk! So, get the hell away or go to school later!"

Say what? Is he for real about that focus walk? My lips pinched together to avoid letting out the chuckle that was prickling my cheeks.

"Listen, Bakugo, is it? Unless this road is your private property...." I pushed his shoulder with my pointer "...I'll take my chances using that fetish road of yours." My placid retort didn't please him much, but he tried to collect himself, knowing that he couldn't actually forbid me from walking this way.

He shoved his hands back into his pocket and turned halfway around. "Whatever... Just stay the hell away from me!"

As he stomped away, this tickling sensation crept up from my throat, and I couldn't help but shout out, "So, you wanna sit together for lunch?" I bit my lip down mockingly, watching him turn his beastly gaze over his shoulder " Shut the fuck up, you dumb cow, or I'll blow you up!"

He kept walking ahead, thinking to himself, Who the hell does she think she is? I'd tear her to shreds if she weren't just a useless extra, unworthy of my time.

I couldn't believe I just survived an encounter with the God of Belligerence himself, without a single scratch. Guess I was in the mood for a bit of morning chaos after all. I inwardly chuckled, thinking about his attitude being so over the top, it was almost caricatural.