Chapter 17: Pandemonium

Is this... a dream?

Yes... and no!

Who is this?

I am you...

Where am ...Where's your body?

Say... I am without form... for now.

This feels... weird...

Shush, my sweet... all things come to she who waits.

Wait! Don't...

Wake up!

I awakened the following day, dripping with cold sweat. It had been ages since I recalled a dream in such a lucid way, and yet it was nothing out of the ordinary. I was merely in some sort of endless blank desert. Then suddenly, this reddish wraith that I could not identify begins a conversation with me.

Rubbing my half-opened eyes, I glanced at my alarm clock only to notice that it was almost 11 am.

True... I fell asleep relatively late... thanks to that scarlet soreness...

Hold on... did he fall asleep in here?! Next to...

The idea of Kirishima dozing off just next to me made my heart sink into my guts. I threw my head back and recalled all the events of that freaky Friday. I hummed, "He's not here... makes sense, though... he must have left already..."

I yawned while stretching intensely to revive my senses and indolently rose from the floor. A painful sensation spread along my spine, causing me to grunt. Note to self - Avoid snoozing on the ground after exhausting days.

After exiting my room, I trudged past the guest rooms, but they were empty. I kept walking, shrugging to myself. When I reached the living room, voices resonated from the kitchen. I mechanically followed the sound and peeked through the ajar door.

The most bizarre circle had regrouped in there. Frejus was preparing lunch, Mika and Lyra were leaning against the counter, and the small table was colonized by Yo-Chan and Shina, who were happily messing around with my red-haired companion.

For a brief minute, I followed that unfolding scene. My gaze softened, and I remembered how Shina continuously wailed for a big brother to play around with. Admittedly, I wasn't the most entertaining teenage 'sister,' and this was something Shina and Yo-Chan reminded me of way too often.

Kirishima, on the other hand, seemed to be natural brother material. I seldom heard both kids laugh out loud like that. Apparently, I wasn't the only one because Lyra, Mika, and Frej wore the same silly smile as I did.

I finally dared to enter the room, prompting the little girl to shout out, "Odin-Chan! You're up up up! Look, I can fly!" Kirishima was lifting her up so easily with his stone-hard arms. Everyone turned in my direction, and Mika shadily distorted her voice, "The Ice Queen cometh..."

I cliqued my tongue at her morning rudeness and stepped to the kitchen table. "So... where's the rest of the glum breakfast club?" To which Lyra handed me a small hand-written note. "Enough of your effrontery."

Grabbing the paper, I furrowed my brows, "Hey, and what about Monitor-Bot's sass, huh? I scoffed, opening up the folded letter.

Dear Odin,

Thank you so much for having us over. We had a great time, and your family is incredible! We have to catch the early trains to go to our families and don't want to wake you.

Have a great weekend and see you on Monday ;)

O. I. and T.

A half-smile drew upon my lips while reading it, but I immediately jerked my head towards Kirishima. "Speaking of which, why, pray tell, are you still here?" I suspiciously narrowed my eyes at him.