Chapter 24: Epilogue of the Prologue

We sat in silence, facing each other in the old empty wagon. Eijiro leaned against the window, watching the world pass by while my own eyes were locked on my ice-cold hands.

"Why the heck didn't you tell me this before? I can't believe you kept this to yourself all night. No wonder you've been chugging one damn beer after another..." His eyebrows scrunched with annoyance and concern.

"I reckon... didn't want to spoil the evening you've been looking forward to for quite some time," I timidly muttered.

"Yes, which I wanted to spend with you alone, whatever the circumstances. You still don't get it, do you? Don't get me wrong, I like Uraraka and Midoriya." It was the first time he acted so serious and high-strung. He regained his breath, cleared his throat. "So, what's your theory regarding the fog guy?"

Plucking up the courage to look up, I sighed. "I don't know... in retrospect, I doubt he intended to attack. It struck me more as an observation of sorts."

"Somehow, I doubt that's any better... "The redhead bellowed, sinking back into the old seat.

"Indeed, and potentially problematic in the long run. If their goal is to keep tabs on us to learn more about our habits and weaknesses, it will inevitably give them an edge on us."

"Yeah, and that's kind of worrisome," He rubbed his arms to dispel the shivers.

"Therefore, it's crucial that we and everyone around us remain on high alert. I will inform Lyra and the team tomorrow."

"And the school?"

My spine stiffened at his words. "As much as I don't like to draw anyone's attention around the school, we'll have to talk to the teachers. If there was indeed a breach of personal data, it's the entire school body that's at risk."

Eijiro nodded and then went silent again, staring into the dark. We both did, the shadow of the League of Villains looming over us.

Kirishima finally stopped the silent treatment as we walked along Kirino's empty Wednesday night streets.

"Hey, thanks for opening up to me about that burden of yours," he uttered, "it actually means a lot to me."

"Don't thank me," I glowered, "Knowing just fills you with unnecessary concern - so it's hardly a blessing." I wrapped my arms around me, tightening my coat to fight against the cold. "I had a moment of weakness back there, and now, you're paying the consequences of my selfish behavior." I couldn't believe that I would again find myself overruled by my emotions, that bloody school is making me wimpy, and so does that stupid Kirishima!

My brooding was suddenly aborted by a mild head-slap inflicted by the sharp-teethed boy. "Hey! Will you stop that over-thinking already?" He surprised me with his somewhat playfully irate look. "We are heroes in training, right?"

"What's your point?" I gaped at him with sullen eyes.

"We should learn to help each other to become our best selves, don't you agree?" He peeked at me with a lopsided grin. Once again, Kirishima's unordinary wits astounded me, softly reviving my facial color. "You're smarter than you look, Red."

"It's the wild hair. Helps me keep my genius a secret," He proudly puffed his chest out, spoofing a smug walk. A hearty chuckle popped out of my mouth, "Stop imitating Bakugou, you're gonna hurt yourself!"

He replied with a ridiculously raspy voice, "I'm gonna blow you up, you shitty extra!" We both burst out in giddy laughter, imagining that poor Bakugou's ears were probably burning with hellfire right now. He then pivoted back to me. "Hey - I don't know about you, but I am absolutely not in a sleeping mood."