Dancing With The Devil

Prince's POV

"Another day of filming", I sigh pulling into a parking space. Can't lie it's getting old. If I knew filming Purple Rain would make me feel like this I would've said no. Good news is Genevieve will be in today to work on some of the performances. I won't get to see her until the end of the day but it's something to look forward to. Today we're filming all the intimate scenes between me and Apollonia. She wanted to do every scene that requires her to be partially nude on the same day. It'll be a lot of driving around but it should be a relatively fun day of filming.

When I first agreed to this movie they agreed to let Mayte play the lead woman. She complained about me touching another woman and demanded it be her instead. Now that our divorce pending Apollonia is back in the movie and we basically have to refilm all her scenes. A cab pulls up beside me, pulling me from my thoughts. I look over and see Genevieve stepping out. She starts walking inside but she notices me and walks to my window instead.

"Hey, P." She smiles leaning into the window.

"Hey, G. What's with the cab?"

"Car in the shop."

"Again?! What happened this time?"

"Me headlights stopped coming on!" I smile a little at her accent peeking through.

"You need to just get a new car."

"When they pay me. I will."

"How you getting around today?" She looks around confused. "No one told you? We're filming the close scenes with Apollonia today." She grimaces knowing what I mean by close. We filmed these same scenes with Mayte several months ago and she didn't come in those days. I wonder what she's gonna do about today.

"All of them?"

"Yea and then we're refilming the sex shooter scenes."

"Who put this schedule together? Buh look at meh crosses!!" My face goes blank as I try to understand the last part. "It's like woe is me." I nod and commit the translation to memory.

"You can ride with me today and I'll take you home afterwards."

"Thanks."

With that we head inside. She immediately walks up to Apollonia as I get stopped by the director.

"I don't want to be filming these scenes all day. The ladies gotta redo their dance numbers tonight. I need you to be in and out with these scenes. No funny business like last time." I cringe remembering how off script Mayte and I got. I nod and make my way to hair and makeup.

Genevieve's POV

"Hey Apples."

"Hey G. I thought you weren't coming in til later."

"I didn't know you were filming those scenes today." My hands begin to twitch like they do when I'm nervous. My eyes shut but they continue to roam for a short while. Apollonia gently holds my hands. I open my eyes again to look at her.

"Genevieve it's okay. While we film these scenes why don't you work with Brenda and Susan."

"They here yet?"

"No. Running late again but I'm sure they're almost here."I let out a deep sigh. Apollonia is already dressed. They'll start as soon as Prince is ready. I've got 45 minutes before they're called to set. I need them to hurry. "Even if they don't come on time it won't be that bad. Prince and I aren't intimate like him and Mayte were."

"But he's tried. Which means there's interest."

"He's tried with all of us. It doesn't mean as much to him." Another sigh. I'm starting to like a man who's a raging sex machine and I had my first kiss three years ago! I kick myself for the predicament I've created but I think Apollonia can sense my dilemma. "You like him don't you?"