Getaway (Newly Wed Interview: Part 2)

Prince's POV

After a nice dinner with Arsenio. We get back in the SUV head to the hotel. The ride from Hollywood to Beverly Hills wasn't long but it felt like an eternity. We've been in public for hours. I want Genevieve all to myself. The SUV pulls up to the Beverly Hilton. I step out and immediately head to the other side to open her door. She takes careful steps to get out of the car feeling the impacts of the wine from dinner. I wrap my arm around her and help her inside. Behind us Ronnie chats with bellhops and valets. He'll also be staying in the hotel but a few doors down. Two men gather our luggage and put it on a cart wheeling it behind us as we enter.

The woman at the front desk is oblivious as she answers several phone calls while we wait. Genevieve leans her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes. I'm sure she's tired and ready to take her shoes off for good. I smile kissing her forehead before return my gaze to the woman behind the counter.

"This hotel is very beautiful." Genevieve says allowing her eyes to roam. Her head never leaving my shoulder.

"Only the best for you." Our quiet conversation draws the woman from her phone call. When she realizes who we are she hangs up the phone abruptly.

"I apologize for the inconvenience. Welcome to The Beverly Hilton. To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"We have a reservation for Nelson." She quickly searches for our name in her log. It couldn't be far. I booked this in the car a few hours ago.

"Of course. It looks like I actually have better room available. The upgrade will be free of charge of course. It'll be one of our Penthouse Suites. It does still offer the terrace you requested but it sits on a higher more remote floor to offer you both a bit more privacy." She grabs a key off the wall and walks around the counter. The three of us get into an elevator and make our way to one of the top floors of the hotel. We follow her down a surprisingly empty hallway. "This floor has less rooms and allows our most distinguished guests a more intimate stay." Unlocking the door and opening it we are greeted to a beautiful room. Teal and white couches sit in the middle of the room, a fireplace and a large tv just in front of them. Holding on to my wife, we both walk in and examine it closer. Around the corner is a king sized bed and another tv. All around the room are floor to ceiling windows letting in plenty of natural light. A door leading outside gives access to the terrace that wraps around the outer two walls of the room. We peak into the doors inside the room and find several closets and beautiful black granite bathroom. The tub faces the outside and another giant window allows you to look out on the city below while you soak.

"Where will our body guard be staying? I expect you've upgraded his room as well?" Genevieve asks turning and facing the woman. This woman is a head and half taller than both of us but I can tell she's afraid to upset my wife. Genevieve has a way with customer service reps that I never had. I've always had to name drop to get what I want. Not my proudest moments but, it does work. Genevieve walks with the posture and grace of royalty. When she talks people listen and whatever she asks for she gets. She's never rude or pushy but she adds a urgency to her voice making even the smallest concerns seem very serious.

"Well, I umm..."

"My husband is a very important man. His safety is very important to me. Surely you understand, given ring on your left finger." The woman looks down at her ring and smiles softly. "While, I do trust that this hotel is more than capable of housing us safely during our stay. We would be most comfortable with our staff on the same floor."

"Of course, ma'am."

"The room right off the elevator before we turned down the hallway. Is it available?"