First Date

Genevieve's POV

I stand in my mirror looking over myself again. I'm wearing shredded jeans and a black crop top with a big teal and pink jacket. My gold hoops accentuate my revealed neck since I've pulled my hair up. "I hope I'm not too casual." I mumble examining myself closer. I throw on the only thing he specifically told me to wear, sneakers. I look up at my clock, when I hear a knock at the door. I stand on my toes to look through the peep hole and see Prince standing on the other side. Prince and I have gotten close over the past several months of shooting Purple Rain. We've partied together, talked music together, and one time he even stayed with me in my apartment. He became my closest friend after they fired Tyson. I guess that's why it was so hard for me to say yes to him when he asked me out. He asked me several times and I just wasn't ready. Tyson tore me up and made me never want to date a man in the business again but Prince promised me that he'd never put music over me and that if at any time I wanted out of the industry he would let me. We've been interested in each other since filming but we've only been dating for three weeks. He asked me to be his girlfriend at the movie premier. A bunch of concerts and interviews were booked all over the city, so, he's been tied up but he told me in three weeks he'd take me on an adventure. Nervously, I open the door.

"Hey, Genevieve." He smiles.

"Hey, Prince." I smile taking in his look. Fitted jeans and a t-shirt. His hair is hidden under an old baseball hat and tucked away in a ponytail. I look down and smile at our match worn out Chuck Taylors.

"You look great." I smile again.

"I haven't seen you look this comfortable in a long time."

"People recognize me when I weary usual get up. I wanted us to get some privacy."

"You're getting recognized already? That's exciting!"

"Yea until people start following you with cameras. You ready? I have something to show you." I grab my keys from the bowl and nod.

"Ready." I lock up and turn around but he isn't moving.

"Close your eyes. I gotta show you something." I roll my eyes and give in. I learned a long time ago that he enjoys surprises and it's best to just let him have those moments. Hand in hand we walk carefully away from my apartment towards the street. It's strange walking beside him and not hearing the click of heels. Our little walk is interrupted when I walk into his back. "Sorry, we're here. Open your eyes." I open my eyes and stand in shock.

"When you told me you wanted it I didn't think you were achy gonna get it!" He smiles still holding my hand.

"Isn't it sexy?"

"Extremely", I say approaching the baby blue 1984 Bentley continental.

"Hop in." We both reach for door handles and slide into our seats. The interior is obviously custom all white leather.

"Prince, I love this car. It's amazing."

"Wait til you feel how smooth the ride is." He pulls off and we enjoy a luxury joy ride.

Prince's POV

"Prince we've been driving forever where are we going?" I look over at her and smirk.

"This road isn't familiar to you?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"You're gonna be mad when this car stops." I can't help but smirk harder. She's been so busy looking at me she didn't notice the Lake Minnetonka sign right in front of her face.