The Honeymoon

After their lavish wedding the newly weds find themselves at a luxury resort in the Bahamas to celebrate. Unpacking in their private island bungalow excitement and nervousness fills the air.

Genevieve's POV

I stare out the window of our bungalow watching the water. Our bungalow sits alone on the edge of the beach, surrounded by sand and palm trees. The clear blue water glimmers like topaz in sunlight. The island heat welcomes me but I don't feel at home. My heart thumps as I become overwhelmed by my thoughts but a familiar set of arms wraps around me, calming my nerves.

"How does it feel to be back on an island after so long?"

"It feels...peaceful. This resort is beautiful. I've never seen one with single bungalows."

"A lot of celebrities come here so they spaced them out." I nod returning my focus to the water.

"Are you okay, Baby Dove?" His arms tighten around my waist in concern. I nod again.

"I'm tired, Purple Love. We were wed only yesterday."

"Lay down for a bit. Get some rest before dinner. You've got a couple hours." I sigh then, nod. He kisses my cheek and removes his arms from my waist, releasing me to my fears. "Go ahead and relax. I'll wake you up in time to get dressed. I'm gonna look around." I place a kiss on his lips before heading to the bed. I watch as he leaves to explore.

I lay in the bed on my usual side. The sheets are Egyptian cotton and the pillows are luxuriously soft. Every aspect of it breathes with the island breeze but I still feel suffocated by my worrying. He wouldn't want you stressed about this. It's going to be fine. My inner voice keeps trying to convince me I have nothing to worry about but it doesn't change the fact that I'm a 27 year old virgin on my honeymoon. I know he knows I've never done this before. I know he'll be gentle but I just can't stop thinking about all the outcomes. He's been with plenty of women. What if I'm bad? Or he doesn't like it? Or I do something wrong. I love him and I know this is something he's been waiting for. That we've been waiting for. I just hope I meet his standards.

Dinner time comes and we change into fancy dinnerware. His black suit compliments my long red dress perfectly. Holding hands we make our way down the beach toward the restaurant.

"Good evening sir and madam."

"Reservation for Nelson."

"Of course. Right this way." We make our way to a closed off section in the back of the restaurant.

The room is large. A table sat off to the left near a window facing the water. On the other side is a dance floor with a piano and a chair seated in the corner. The whole room is filled with the warm light of candles and the radiance of the moon. A pink and white lilies sat on the tables while matching rose petals rested on the floor. Soon two people walk in. They set up near the piano and begin to play. The violin and piano accompany the sounds of the sea.

Dinner is served. Steamed vegetables and fresh seafood caught by local fisherman accompanied by a dry white wine. We sit and talk holding hands across the table. I smile under his gaze but in the pit of my stomach nervousness still lingers.

Dessert is served. A slice of cake to share and glasses of strawberry champagne. We feed each other intimately, taking sips in between. He stands from the table a reaches out to me.

"Care to dance, Mrs. Nelson?" I smile and put my hand in his.

A slow walk to the dance floor. My heels clicking with his as we find the center of the floor. His hands find my waist while mine interlock behind his head. We sway gently like the tide. With my head on his shoulder, I feel at home. After forever on the dance floor, we share a kiss. I gaze into his eyes and I can see the longing in them and his gentle smile tells me he can see the longing in mine. We hold hands and walk silently to our bungalow. We take the time to close shudders and lock doors. There will be no interruptions tonight.