Valentines Day: Part 2

Genevieve's POV

Tonight's show went great. The crowd was amazing and we all had a great time. Back stage now, I put my hair up and have a seat in the women's dressing room. I lie there in perfect silence before the door opens.

"Hey, G. Prince told me to give you this." I sit up and take the envelope out of Lisa's hand.

"What's this about?" She shrugs and watches as I open it.

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. Tonight's a special night and I have something planned for you.

The reservations were made and my suit is all pressed. Go check near your duffel bag. It's time to get dressed."

I get up from my seat and head over to my things. Two teal boxes sit stacked on top of each other in the corner. I pick up the smallest box and see a pair silver heels. They shine like mirrors as I turn them this way and that. I carefully put them back in the box before opening the bigger box. Lifting the lid I peek into the box seeing nothing but tissue paper. Carefully I peel apart the layers and reveal a sea of the most gorgeous blue I've ever seen. I stand as I lift the fabric and a long blue dress unfolds before me.

"Oh my god!" Wendy screams. I didn't even hear her come in.

"It's beautiful." Lisa sighs holding her heart. "Genevieve we have to get you ready."

"Good thing this dressing room has a shower!" I take a quick shower before applying lotion and fragrance. They help me climb into my dress and carefully zip me up. I have a seat at the vanity and they both approach.

"Lisa's gonna do your hair. I've got your makeup. Now close your eyes." I don't argue as Lisa begins to curl my hair and pin it in place. Various brushes apply creams and and powders all over my face.

"Open your eyes." I open one eyes at a time and gasp when I see myself in the mirror. Lisa was able to curl my chest length hair and pin it into a short bob. My eyelids are covered in smoky dark brown eyeshadows and my lips and cheeks are a satin shade of berry.
I slip out of the chair and into my shoes when there's a knock on the door. I stand from seat and make my way to the other side of the dressing room. Opening the door slowly, I see Prince smiling holding a bouquet of blue and white flowers.

He's wearing a perfectly tailored tuxedo with a vest that matches my dress

He's wearing a perfectly tailored tuxedo with a vest that matches my dress. His hair is curled out of his face and his eyes are the brightest they've ever been. I take the flowers lifting them to my nose and taking in their pleasant aroma.

"How did you know I love calla lilies?" I smile.

"A little birdie told me." He smirks. "Come on. I've got a few more surprises for you tonight."He holds out his hand and I take it before waving to Wendy and Lisa.

"Thank you for all your help." They smile and wave back as we walk out the door. We walk down the long hallway and to the nearest exit. I smile feeling my dress flutter as I walk. He leads me out of the building and into the waiting limo. Carefully I climb in walking to the other side, gently pulling my dress in after I have a seat. He steps in and finds a seat beside me smiling wide.