Interviews: Part 2

"I don't like this woman." Genevieve whispers to Prince as they stand back stage.

"Why? What's wrong?" He moves behind her wrapping his arms around her waist reassuringly. Smiling through their words they give the illusion that they're just having a romantic moment even though they're actually having a serious moment.

"She just seems... off."

"You wanted to do a fun interview and she can give us that. Don't tell me we flew all the way out here just for you to get cold feet two minutes before show time." When she doesn't respond and continues staring blankly, he realizes this is bigger than a bad host or some Hollywood rumor. "You having a bad feeling about it, don't you?" Genevieve nods slowly twisting her wedding ring on her finger. "Whatever you decide, you have my support." Genevieve sighs nervously. Prince can't help but share her anxiety. After 20 years of marriage, he knows her intuition is always right.

Ellen comes out smiling wide before introducing them. The couple comes out dancing a little themselves before taking there seats. They've become a bit of a power couple within the industry. The entire world knows they are madly in love and have each others undying support. There careers look much different than they did in the 80s. Their paths have separated as they both explored new opportunities but they're love only grew stronger.

"Prince and Genevieve everybody!" The crowd cheers earning smiles from the couple. "I've been dying to get you both in here! How have you both been?"

"Good." Prince nods with a smile.

"Busy." Genevieve says matter of factly with raised eyebrows. This is the side of her the world has come to love. Her husband may be a bit secretive but she chooses to be an open book.

"I believe it! In the last 5 years alone, you've written two books, been in some movies, gone on tour with some of the greats, and become the spokeswoman for Baby Phat. Could you tell us a little bit about that?"

"Kimora Lee Simmons had an amazing idea and she knew she wanted me to be a part of it from the beginning. When I received the phone call I was so shocked. Why me? Everyone was quick to say I have the largest natural booty in Hollywood and it only made sense but I was skeptical, you know? This was being marketed to young people and at the time I was 40! Originally, I told her no. So she said let me send you a pair and if you still want nothing to do with it, I'll move on. So I get a pair of dark denim jeans in the mail with a cat on the back pockets. I was convinced they wouldn't fit. My butt is too big there is no way. Prince convinced me to try them on and well..." She shrugs before being interrupted.

"After that, I couldn't get her to take them off!" Prince laughs making the audience laugh too.

"And what about you, Prince? What have the past few years looked like for you?"

"Lots of music still coming out but mostly I've been focusing on my family." Genevieve smiles and nods rubbing his arm. "Her career had a bit of a resurgence and I've decided to tour a lot less. She stayed home with the kids a lot during the 90s so I'm happy to let her go explore the 2000s."

"What's home life like?"

"Well our kids are... 15 and 12 so, I'm always busy. High school is very hard..."

"For them or for you?" Everyone laughs but Genevieve. The bad feeling growing in her stomach.

"For all of us. I've spent a lot of hours sitting at the kitchen table helping with math homework."

"You good at math?" He cuts his eyes to the camera and shakes his head making laugh.

"It's good to hear America's favorite couple is doing alright. We have a game for y'all to play, we like to call it Who's Who. You've each been given a paddle with your faces on either side. I'll ask you both a question and you decide who it most applies to. Alright?" The couple nods, picking up the paddles.