Here Comes the Bride Part 2

Genevieve's POV

"Girl, get up! It's your wedding day!"

I roll over as their loud voices shoot through my ears.

"Julie, don't yell at me. You're stressing me out. I can't get married with wrinkles."

"Sit up, G. Your mom made you breakfast." I slowly sit up and let my eyes adjust to the light. My Bestfrien

"What about you guys? Did y'all eat?"

"Yes, now scarf this down. Your esthetician and manicurist are here."

"I didn't book any of that stuff." I say eating my bland eggs and toast. Mother said nothing extravagant for breakfast the morning of the wedding. I have a tendency to get nauseous and I don't wanna throw up anything.

"They said they're here for you. You have 15 minutes to shower until I'm sending them up." I drink the last of my tea and climb out of bed, leaving my ring on the nightstand. My best friend hugs me and walks away.

"Send them up with a mimosa! I gotta take this edge off."

"I'll try but you know your mother."

"Thank you." I get in the shower and enjoy the warm water cascading down my body. I did all my prep work yesterday and the day before so there's nothing for me to do today but get married. I step out of the shower and brush my teeth. I step out in my bridal robe and slippers and see a strange chair has been placed on the other side of the room. A woman stands beside it smiling. We do our introductions and she hands me a card and waits for me to read it.

"Hey Genny Benny,
I booked these appointments for you. I know you told me you didn't want me to but you deserve them.
Love,
Prince"

I smile at out the card away and sit in the chair. She reclines it and begins to examine my face while another woman I just noticed begins to paint my toes.

"Your eyes are a little puffy so after I cleanse I'll apply some chilled cucumbers for moisture and to calm the inflammation." She does exactly what she said she'd do and the facial continues. Roller balls, steamers, extractors and more were used on my face and after a what felt like forever she was done. She sat me up and my hair and makeup artists show up. We talk about styles and concepts for the thousandth time and they begin to set up shop.

"Wait! What time is it?" They look down at their watches and tell me it's 10:30.  "Okay, let me make a phone call and then we'll get started." I stand up and quickly walk to the phone near the bed. I dial the number on the pad and wait for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, baby. Did" He cuts me off asking about my facial and pedicure. I thank him for them briefly. "It was nice. Thank you. Baby, are you up and dressed? Did you eat?"

"Yes. I ate. I'm dressed and I'm waiting for everyone to get here. Genny, babe, relax. I'm ready and now I need you to be. Okay?" I sigh and nod.

"Okay. I'll finish getting ready."

"I love you, mama."

"Love you too, baby. Until 12:30."

"Until 12:30." I hang up the phone and walk back to the chair. My hair is stretched, quaffed, and pinned. Pearls and a rhinestone pin adorn my hair. My makeup artist gives me a soft pink eye that will compliment our blush, grey, and pearl wedding. Once they're finished a team, consisting of my mother and best friend, helps me into my wedding dress and heels. I step back and look at everyone's faces.

"Take a look, baby girl." I take careful steps and make my way to the mirror with my head down. I lift my head and take in my completed bridal ensemble.