His Birthday: Part 2

Genevieve's POV

When I come down the stairs my eyes never leave him. He looks so sexy in his all black tuxedo. His pants legs flare just a little and the waist band practically cinches his waist like most of his pants nowadays. His long hair is pulled back into a bun. His part is straight and his hair is sleek leading back to the bun. When we stand face to face I can't help but look away. His presence overwhelms my heart.

When I finally look up at him he smiles at me, wrapping his arm around my waist. I tilt my head back allowing the tips of our noses to touch as I wrap my arms around his neck. I smile leaning into him. He stands firm supporting my weight. In our varying heel heights we can actually be face to face. His lips graze mine softly and I place a gentle peck on his lips. A smirk forms on his lips and I swat at his chest.

"Don't start or we'll never make it to dinner." I whisper.

"We don't have to go anywhere tonight, mama."

"Then you owe me the money I paid for this hair and makeup."

"Looking like that, you can have all the money in the world."

"Let's at least go for a drive, beloved."

"We'll drive around after dinner. Shall we?" He lets me go and holds out his hand. I take it in mine and we walk out the door. Leaving Ronnie to lock up the house.

When we get in the limo Prince and the driver talk for a moment before we pull off. Then he rolls up the partition and takes a seat beside me. I look through the tinted windows at the buildings as they pass. The city looks so beautiful at night. A beautiful mosaic of streetlights and city lights swirling with the stars and the sky.

"Come here, mama." I look over at Prince and smile scooting closer to him. I rest my exposed legs in his lap and he smiles massaging my thigh gently in his right hand. His left hand finds its way to the small of my back and a chill goes up my spine. "You are so...sexy." He smirks pulling me closer whispering directly into my ear. His hand slides up my back to push my hair away as he begins to sensually kiss down my neck. He kisses across my exposed chest and all I can do is pray he can't hear my heart beating. After a moment he stops and his eyes focus on mine. I smile softly as our lips touch again and again and again. The limo slows to a stop. He smirks pulling away from me.

"We're here." The driver opens the door and we file out of the car. He keeps his arm around me as we walk inside he gives his name to the hostess and she escorts us to our table. We sit, eating, drinking, talking, and exchanging knowing looks across the table.

When dinner is over we go on the drive as promised. He holds me close in the back of the limo and we watch the city's nightlife come alive. My eyes go wide as a large patch of greenery appears. A park in the middle of the city full of trees and people fills the view the window.

"Hey, pull over up here." I smile knowing this means our drive has become an evening stroll. When the limo stops we exit carefully. My excitement gets the best of me and I grab his hand running into the park.

"I didn't know you could run in heels."

"Dance will do that to you. I'm just surprised you could keep up."

"Years of escaping paparazzi will do it to you too." I laugh as we walk leisurely through the park.

"Wait... Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" We stand very still for a moment and listen. The calming sound of a distant violin fill the air. Instinctively, I follow it, needing to know it's source. We find ourselves at a gazebo where a young artist is playing, his case open to collect tips from the people walking by. I clap softly enjoying the sound of his instrument and the way it juxtaposed the sounds of the city. Prince grabs my hand, pulling me to the center of the gazebo. He places my hand on his shoulder and wraps his left arm around my waist. His other hand holds mine as we begin to move as one. Swaying gently like the calm summer breeze we dance to the music. I chuckle as he spins me, catching me in his arms when I'm facing the other way. His arms tighten around my waist as we continue to dance. By now, a small crowd has gathered around the gazebo. I transition back to facing him and wrap my arms around his neck.

"My love, people are watching us."I whisper.

"I hardly noticed."

"What if paparazzi shows up?"

"I say let them all watch. Can't a man dance with his wife on his birthday?" I chuckle.

Prince's POV

"You seem to feel good about your birthday this year."

"It's just another day to me but, I still look forward to all the little surprises you plan." I smile.

"I have two more surprises for you."

"Oh really?" I smirk twirling her again.

"Mhm." She smiles.

"What is it?"

"Well of course I made you a rum cake but, the last thing is still a surprise."

"You're not going to tell me?"

"Its more so something I have to show you... in private."

"Give me a hint, mama." I whisper into her ear.

"You know those dance and gymnastics classes I've been taking and bought all that equipment for?"

"Yea. What about them?"

"What would you say if I told you I've turned my larger studio into a...club for one night only?"

"A club?" I ask more to myself than to her. She nods and slowly separates us.

What does a club have to do with gymnastics?

She smirks at me as she watches the wheels turn in my head. As I stand there and continue to think she kisses my cheek.

"When you figure it out meet me in the limo." She slides out of my hands with a big smile. She tips the violin player and thanks him before heading to the park entrance. I follow after her, also tipping the violinist.

Who the hell does gymnastics at the club?

Then it clicks. I gasp audibly and she turns around with a smirk. With one finger she beckons me and I follow like a mouth to a flame. I can't believe this. If I'm right this might be my best birthday ever.

___________________

In the next chapter, I promise y'all will see how she ended up with twins. Gotta build in up a little bit first. If you're picking up what Genevieve is about to put down, tell me what songs (remember it's 1990) I should use in the next chapter.