18 | I Promise

Chapter 18.

"Magdalene," siniko ako ni Missy at agad naman akong napalingon kay mom. "Yes, mom?"

She smiled at my companions before looking at me. "You have a visitor, she's at the Mansion's living area," she said.

My eyebrow's met on what I've heard.

Visitor? I'm not expecting anyone to come over. And besides, I don't know if I have someone at my reach aside from my girls.

"She?" Instead, I asked.

My mom nodded and told me to go and look for that "visitor."

"Are you expecting anyone today, Ada?" Yera asked me. I can see on their eyes the big question mark flickering on it.

I gulped and chewed the last piece of grape on my hand. "No, I- I don't know," I messedly answered.

"Well, if that's the case then...let's go and see her," Sapphire, who was busy cleaning the small piece of grape on her hand interfered out of a sudden.

Wala naman na akong nagawa nang tumayo na sila at naghanda nang maglakad patungo sa Mansion.

"Pambihira! Kanina ko pa iniisip kung bakit walang natalo sa kanilang dalawa," biglang pagreklamo ni Sapira.

"Wala talagang matatalo sa kanila. Can't you see? Parehas silang bihasa sa pakikipaglaban," si Yera ang tumugon dito.

Naglalakad na kami ngayon papunta sa Mansion. Kanina ay nasa bakuran parin kami. Pagkatapos ng laban ni Kael at Trevor, ay bigla na lamang silang nawala. Sinabi naman ni Red na magpapahinga lang sila at ilang segundo rin ay nawala narin ito. Naiwan kaming apat kaya napagdesisyunan na muna naming magmerienda.

"Ada!" gulat akong napatingin sa harap. I sighed a weighty breath before looking at the Mansion's entrance.

"Ang lalim naman nang iniisip mo, Ada," pagsiko sa'kin ni Yera.

"Siguro ay iniisip mo rin kung sino sa dalawa ang dapat na natalo," tugon naman ni Sapira.

Instead of answering them, I walked straight inside the Mansion. Sumunod naman sila.

A girl who's wearing red, sitting in a furry long white sofa, with her long black hair facing us, slowly turned her head on our spot.

My eyes widened on a sudden realization. What the heck is she doing here?

Naramdaman ko na mas lumapit sa'kin si Missy. Tulad ko ay mapanuring mga mata rin ang naisalubong nila sa babaeng ngayon ay nakangiti sa amin.

"Hey, what's with those faces, ladies?" mapanuya nitong saad.

Ignoring her question. "What are you doing here?" I firmly asked.

She annoyingly smirked at me and stepped forward. "Where's Trevor?"

Bakit niya hinahanap si Trevor?

"Ang lakas naman ng loob mong tumuntong sa teritoryo ng mga anghel," mapanuyang sambit ni Missy.

The woman lazily glanced at Missy. "I am not talking to you, you li'l make up rec-"

"Shut. The. Fuck. Off." I cut her off.

I stepped forward and leave a small distance between us. "Leave."

Ilang segundong nagtama ang aming mga mata. She rolled her eyes and was about to exit when a loud voice stopped her...and seems to stop me from breathing.

"Syrene," his voice. What's in his voice that seems to broke me from within?

I found anger, longing and... care in his voice. He just called Syrene's name and the longing was in there.

I heard footsteps coming towards us but stopped as Syrene ran to met him.

"Trevor," she said. No. She sweetly said.

"What are you doing here? All I thought I just lose you," she added.

All I thought I just lose you...

What?

And there, I found myself slowly facing them. I gulped and bit my lower lip on the scene that welcomed me.

Syrene hugging Trevor, and Trevor caressing her back.

Without anything else to say. And words that left to crave. I ran.

I ran upstairs and locked the door. I gasped for some air that seems to left me too.

My lips were trembling, my face stiffened as tears flows down.

Ano'ng meron sa kanila?

They are both vampires, Ada.

My mind whispered.

Mahina akong napailing. Napaupo at napatakip sa mukha kong punong-puno na ng luha.

I clenched my fist, rummaging my cloth with it. My hands scratching my chest seemingly wanted to grab my heart and ease the unbearable pain from it.

"Ada? Open the door. What's wrong?" I heard Yera asked from the back of my door.

I stayed silent. I controlled myself from crying aloud through pressing my mouth with my free hand.

I seemed recklessly messed up. I can't understand this feeling slowly killing me.

Why am I feeling like this?

"Let her rest for a while," Another voice can be heard from the outside.

His voice. I want to see him.

I immediately wiped these tears away and fixed myself.

After a few minutes, I opened the door hoping for that someone to approach me. But he's nowhere here anymore.

Wala narin sina Yera. A tear escaped again from my eyes. So, I went inside my room again and was about to closed the door when a rapid air passed in the doorway.

I smelled a familiar scent but that's impossible. Siguro ay umalis narin siya kanina.

I was flabbergasted by the sudden bang of the door infront of me. And there I saw a hand touched the door, his arm passing through my shoulder.

Unti-unti kong hinarap ang kung sinumang pumasok sa kwarto ko.

And my heart beats for an unexplainable reason. I smiled and began to cry again.

I am crying infront of him. A tear of pain and happiness.

Pain from what I've witnessed earlier and happiness that this man has brought to me at the moment.

"Kael..." I gasped for air just to say his name.

He didn't say anything, but as his arms wrap around me. I know that this is more than any words can say.

"Cry, Ada. Cry and rest afterwards," his voice calmed the trail of pain I am feeling from within.

"I'm just here. I promise not to leave you anymore..."

_________________________

*.*