20 | Urgent Dismissal

Chapter 20.

“So...we were also connected from the past?” Until now, I can’t process the things Trevor just explained to me.

It’s about our history, or more like, our swords history.

That my sword was owned by my sister before and his sword was owned by him...originally by him.

And that’s the thing that I didn’t understand. We were connected, our swords were connected, yet he originally owned his sword but I’m not. It’s my sisters before. I also told him about my sister but it seems like they knew it already. Everyone knows it, aside from me. Na kahapon ko lang nalaman.

Would it be possible that my sister, Aquira met Trevor before?

Does they have a bond like this too? Agh, just by thinking of it made me sick.

They’re not lovers, right?

“Hey,” Trevor caught me dumbfounded. I just looked back at him.

“What were you thinking?” He asked. What am I even thinking?

I can’t tell him that I am thinking about him and my sister.

“I just can’t understand everything—well, sort of about our swords,” instead I responded.

He smiled and gently rub his thumb on the back of my hand.

“Listen, Ada,” he begin. “If you’re thinking that me, and your sister has a connection before, you are wrong,” I just stared at him while trying to sink in what he just said.

“We may have the swords that has a strong connection or symbolism but that doesn’t mean that we’ve met before,” he cleared out. Seriously staring at my eyes.

“S-so...are you trying to tell me that you just happened to recognized your sword upon me, entering the Academy?” I asked. Aiming to hit the center of it.

He gulped and the glimpse of fear on his eyes never escaped from my sight. What does it mean?

“Kind of...” he gulped again. “It started when we bumped each other on the hallway,” he answered.

I can feel that he’s telling me the truth but something’s really missing off.

“I heard that...my first day in Academy, was also your first day. Was that also written on that book of prophet?” I asked. Even if I knew that no one has the chance to read that book except for the higher ones, still I asked it, lamely hoping for some with sense answer.

He smiled. “That’s true. My family drove me to study in that Academy, but I don’t know Ada if that thing was also written on that book,” he sincerely said.

I heaved a weighty sigh.

“Okay. How about...your dad being here on the day we arrived, what does that mean?” I asked...it took so long for him to pulled off any answers so I diverted away the topic.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I happened to blame you, being one of them...being one of them who’s trying to buy some time and eventually will going to kill me,” I apologized.

His eyes filled with mix worry and rage.

“I’m with you no matter what, just trust me,” He asked.

I nodded and stood up. He followed my actions and I faced him again.

I looked straight at his beautiful eyes. Cherishing this night. Memorizing his scent. Pulling inside my head his every features.