hospital stay

TW: I don't even know man be cautious but then again why are you still reading at this point if you are uncomfortable with these subjects.

~~

Tyler faintly heard voices talking around him. He couldn't make anything out but the repeating beeping and airy sounds got his attention. There were hands touching him yet his eyelids were too heavy to lift to check who it was. He wasn't even going to try to move his body but after several minutes of laying there and hearing a door close he finally pried his eyes open to peak at where he was. The brightness made him quickly close them again.

The sound of shuffling filled the room along with an alerted voice. "Tyler?"

He felt a warm hand grab on to his cold one. Tyler slowly fluttered his eyes open and squinted. It took a minute for his eyes to adjust and even process what was going on.

"Oh my god!"

The mentioned cringed at the sudden loudness in the air. He moved his head towards the loud voice very slowly until Josh's face was in view. He blinked softly, going to talk but something got in his way. Something was down his throat. Odly, he didn't panic. He was too loopy to panic. He gently lifted the hand away from Josh's warm skin to touch the tubes connected to himself.

"Hey, its okay." Josh grabbed his hand so it was away from the tubes. "That is just helping you breathe, okay?"

Tyler whined because that's all he could do. Talking was no use. Except when he whined he immediately went into a coughing fit. And with a tube down your throat and nose its quite hard to cough correctly so he choked on them. His sedated self whimpered in pain, even with all of the pain killers he was on.

"You shouldn't try to talk. The doctors were just in here saying you were on the edge of waking up... So they told me to tell you that if you did. They also said you probably won't even remember this conversation right now."

Josh hugged himself as the half awake Tyler stared at him. The curly brunet had no idea if any of this information was sticking. He was practically talking to himself.

"Um, do you remember what happened?"

Instead of answering in anyway, Tyler squinted his brown eyes at him. His vision wasn't fully focused and he felt like he was dreaming. The machine breathed steadily for him. He could feel that. Yet he couldn't fully comprehend it.

"Do you know why you're here?"

Josh watched as gears turned in Tyler's head. This time he nodded ever so slightly. It seemed like that's what Josh wanted. Communication.

"Was that a yes?"

Tyler just stared back at him instead of nodding. His half open eyes just blinked like Josh hadn't said anything to him. The older licked his lips and leaned back into the chair, running a hand down his face. He puffed his cheeks and blew air out. "Just be patient." He said to himself.

"You have an infection. pneumonia, they said. Apparently your not contagious anymore but they made me get tested for it too, since I was around you... You're leukemia has worsened. They don't know how badly yet but..."

The sick one just sighed softly and shut his eyes. He was exhausted.

"You seem tired." Josh eyed him from the chair. "You can sleep. I have to leave soon anyway."

The sedated teen opened his eyes again at Josh mentioning leaving.

"They are kicking me out. Visiting hours end in ten minutes." Josh fumbled with his fingers. "I'll be back tomorrow. I just feel bad about leaving you here all alone."