interrogation

"Hello? Tyler?" Josh hit the walkie talkie with the palm of his hand in desperation, like it would do anything. He wasn't answering him. There was only static talking back. Tyler needed help.

~~

"So if you have cancer, why do you have hair?"

Tyler continued digging in his vanilla blizzard. The younger already dreaded the amount of questions that would be asked by his friend. He had just explained to Josh the reason behind him frequently calling off plans last minute. The reason being him battling cancer. Well, he's not battling it, just living with it.

The two teenagers were fairly new friends. They've seen one another at the skatepark but they only recently became closer. There was only a hand full of times where they have hung out somewhere besides the concrete park full of obnoxious humans. Really, the only reason to them not currently skating was because of Tyler. He didn't have the energy to anymore.

"Sorry if that sounds rude... I've never really..."

The brunette licked off his spoon. He looked up at the curly headed, darker brunette. He was chewing on a piece of cookie dough. His brown eyes were full of anxious wonder.

"Met someone with cancer?"

"Yeah..."

Tyler hummed. "Well, I'm not doing chemotherapy. Also, its fine. I would be curious too, not gonna lie."

"Right..." Josh looked at his ice cream then back to his friend, "Are you doing anything else?"

"Treatments?"

"Yeah that."

"Not really." Tyler smiled with his lips. "Any other questions?"

Josh gazed at the teen across from him, beginning to debate if that was a sarcastic smile or not. "...How long have you had Leukemia?"

"For 2 months. Since I've been diagnosed."

"...Does it hurt?"

"Yeah." He answered bluntly.

"Sorry..." Josh just stared at him awkwardly.

"Thanks, but I'm fine."

Not to be dramatic but Tyler was used to pain by now. The throbbing pain in his bones weren't anything new and the bruises from his father were old news to Tyler. Josh didn't know about that. No one besides his family did.

Tyler lived in a normal-ish neighborhood. Josh lived in one of those rich neighborhoods. Even though he's only known of Josh's existence for three weeks, he went to his house a couple days ago. He was jealous of the Dun's. They had the perfect family it seemed. Honestly it disgusted him a bit.

Tyler was the "rebellious kid" if you will. Josh was the rich kid who wanted to be rebellious. He's got the style, just not the confidence.

"My turn to ask you a question." Tyler pointed at him with the red spoon, "Why's your house so fucking big?"

Josh let out a nervous laugh. "'Cause my parents are rich. How long have you been waiting to ask that?"

"Since I went to your house. I remember being really intimidated. My house sucks."

"It doesn't."

"You've never been to my house!"

"I've dropped you off. The outside is nice."

"Its a shack compared to yours."

"Stop acting like I live in a mansion. I don't."

"It's close to a mansion."