4 | Shuffle In The Bushes

She squinted and despite the desperate attempt, the only thing in her vision was the heads of those walking past her, wobbling legs caused her to trip followed by a clatter of tiny silver wrapped balls falling out of one of the pile of box she had it encased within and judgmental stares with lips pressed together and mere six years olds jabbing fingers in her direction.

Viola, whilst avoiding eye-contact with anyone, glanced up to find a pair of green eyes piercing through her from behind a wooden window. Priscilla suppressed a low chuckle and jiggled her head.

"Hey!" Viola yelled and Priscilla shut the window on her face, but her next words caused her to stop. "I always help you with your library work, so I expect you to do the same for me."

Priscilla looked away, almost rolling her eyes, which she was barely able to keep open. Viola's voice fused in with the rattling background yet audible to Priscilla's ears, who flitted out of her house.

Though, the Kingdom of Crisalyus was coated with bizarre rules, it didn't stop Priscilla from having a fondness for its festivals and occasions and one of them was The Royal Show, a festival that will take place after three days in which each royal member of the palace will bless commoners with their presence.

"Speed up your pace, Priscilla." Viola said, abut her voice betrayed her, taking octaves higher than she intended it to.

Priscilla furrowed then slowly raise a brow. "Excuse me," She scoffed as disbelief spread across her face. "You better request me politely to do anything as it was you who begged me. I wasn't willing to drag myself to this social help."

Viola's bottom lip tucked out at her tone instinctively, and a person flashed before her eyes as she searched for words.

"What about helping Jane-" She tried to reason, but a woman with soft and loose brown ringlet hair intervened.

"Hello, ladies!" Gem chimed from behind, causing them to pause their bicker. "We need some wet mud from the shore. Will you both get that for me?" She tilted her head, smiling sweetly whilst lifting her both hands, which were holding two wooden buckets.

Priscilla's jaw slowly hung, and Viola groaned from behind. Who thought the precious day she'd planned to spend by resting would actually go by her doing every help she could do just because of her one friend.

Gem sighed, tired of holding the buckets, and said. "Do this for me and in exchange, you both can have anything at my restaurant for free. Is that okay?"

Priscilla's eyes enlarged for a fraction, lips twitching for the slightest as she then curled her fingers around the handle, pulling the bucket out of her hand and skittered away along with Viola.

The tall trees hovered above their heads as she craned her neck and gazed at them, stumbling over a twig. The mushy fragrance of wet mud who other would address as stench wafted through her lungs and she inhaled deeply as tree branches swayed in the wind as they blocked and allowed the sun rays to stream in at times when needed.

The thought of getting lost in the scary yet fascinating forest enveloped her heart as it yelled go to back before it's too late but something seemed to have overpowered her senses. She was in her own world, admiring the beautiful view and vibe until her trance was broken by Viola as her voice rang. "Where's the lake Gem was talking about?"

"Walk straight and after ten steps, take a left." Priscilla responded, floundered by her own answer. Viola narrowed her eyes, she wanted to ask how she knew about it but then she was already bored and starting a conversation was too much.