Behind The Script

Hello the folks of my land!

I can't believe A Witch's Game is a completed book now and I won't be able to write about Priscilla, Hudson, Andrew, Viola, Gem and Katherine and everyone else. I feel empty, a bit sad and satisfied and a lot more strange emotions.

So, here are the fun facts of A Witch's Game as the first book has finished. Now let's meet in the second book, A Queen's Kingdom, which is out on my profile. (Not now.)

1. Priscilla was supposed to die. I had planned to kill her, but it was my first book, and I didn't want it to be sad. Also, I was writing about Katherine, the villain actually being good, and I realised I couldn't do that. Katherine couldn't be the reason of the protagonist's dead and still be called good, so yeah, it turned out this way.

2. I planned to set A Witch's Game in the 1960s but whilst writing; I plot for a series instead, thus the 1903 time was set for the stories about to publish.

3.  Gem wasn't supposed to be so... wild, like the slap, case and all. Neither was Viola.

4. There was never a glimpse of the past of Katherine and Mason aka Terry in the chapter where he died as well as in the chapter where he was given the burial, the first meeting of him and Gem. I added it after a year.

5. I hated to kill Terry's character. My heart was hefty, and I literally felt the emotions Katherine had gone through in that single chapter. I felt so so bad, so so sad.

6. The first draft had a very crappy character and personality of Hudson.

7. I had written this book two years ago and in 2021 at the end of August I published a very bad and rough draft.

8. Priscilla and Hudson had bickered like kids in the first drafts, but I yearned to make my book more realistic and I thought that a simple lady would never argue with a prince and Hudson was a mannered Prince. He couldn't act like a stupid, angry boy.

9. I had never thought of Viola and Andrew fighting so much in this book, but as I was nearing the second act; I knew I wished to clash their perspective, and they both weren't wrong with their opinions.

10. When I first thought of this book, everything was entirely different, like you all couldn't even imagine. Like, Katherine was hidden in a tree that had a large hole for forty years and then coming out all young and beautiful, with Priscilla still in the book.

11. Harper's name wasn't Harper. It was Dorothy from the very start, and I changed it after completing the entire book. There's a reason for that and I'll disclose it, but not so soon.

~~~

Whose friendship did you like/love the most?

And which character did you liked/ loved the most comment inline.

~~~

Question: What are your thoughts on this book? Also, did you get to read something entirely different and fresh?

Like, vote and comment. Be a resident and follow me, authorland aka Rose, to explore more contents of my land!