13 | Challenge Of Survival

The wind embraced her form, the crescent above in the void glowed her skin like flowing waters in the night. Priscilla gathered her sequined pastel blue tulle gown and jumped out, almost falling in her platform heels if it weren't for the carriage's support followed by Marilyn donning a grey gown in another vehicle.

She sidled up to the royal guard who was supposed to guide her and did very well actually as he didn't speak a word nor glanced beside. When she reached the ballroom, a hundred eyes fell on her, then the gazes were retrieved back to the wine swirling in the glass and their compelling companions, letting her exhaled the pent-up anxiety.

A head was bumped into the side of hers and her lips lifted as she twirled, gown twisting, grasping the sight of Viola clad in an accordion slit lavender gown with a string of pearls tightened at her hips. She bowed, smiling. "Good evening, lady Priscilla."

"Good evening, you too, lady Viola." She bowed back and added. "You are a pleasing sight, I must say." Viola flicked her fingers at the servant and seized a cup of tea, and Priscilla imitated her actions. "So you are, with that height, the gown is falling perfectly."

Priscilla descried a figure in a yellow satin gown with a sweetheart neck, hair braided, spine barely erected. It was as if the bones were falling heavily in the skin. Viola extended her feet to call Gem when the host clapped and the audience applauded.

Hudson descended the stairs in his glory with his chin held up, jet black hair slicked back and a shimmering black suit with golden embroidery beginning from the lapels to surrounding the rims of his cuffs clung to his skin along with dark black pants and gleaming shoes. A large shadow over-thwart the tiles caused by his tall figure and an intimidating yet elegant aura dripped off him.

Many royalties of other kingdoms ambled forward to converse with the beloved prince and the king and queen whilst the commoners stayed in their own bubbles, some admiring them, awaiting to have a word passed.

The host ordered to dim the luminous lights and switch on the chandelier adjacent to the dome above. A melodious voice sang in a corner with her bandmates, infusing the sounds of piano and violin.

Andrew bowed and held out his hand for Viola. "May I have this dance with you, lady Viola, as an apology for my misbehavior?" She smiled gently, opening her clammy palms. She slid hers in his, gladly.

Hudson's pupils dilated when his roaming eyes halted at a timid princess of his liking. He desired a spouse who wouldn't put her nose in his matters so that he could plot anything he wanted.

He held out his hand, bowed slightly and grinned, voice a melting sugar as he spoke. "May I have this dance with you, my lady?" The princess glimpsed at her parents for permission and when a nod of allowance was given, she gently gave her hand, blood rushing to her face and she pressed her lips into a thin line to restrain herself from grinning shyly.

They'd been dancing and Hudson had asked her various questions to which the princess only responded with 'yes' and 'me too' along with a shy smile. He flashed his teeths from time to time as if she was the most adorable thing he had ever seen. It wasn't a masquerade, he was verily elated to have a partner of his choice.

The crowd of men twirled the ladies, exchanging companions with Viola now in the arms of Priscilla's partner, Andrew with the princess and Priscilla with the prince himself.

Priscilla's heart threatened to break out of her ribcage, breath caught in her throat as she faced Hudson. He pushed her hair off her shoulders and slipped his hand beneath her hair cascading over her spine, keeping it on the small of her back.

He must be so evil from inside to look as such.

Hudson opened his mouth, complimenting her as he said and finally smiled formally. "Nice necklace, Ms. Anderson." She gazed down at the three strings of tiny diamonds in a line adorning her neck.