𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜

[ Chapter Two ]

Hope Of Conflict

Elor stood inside the room she had been in not too long ago, her view being the back of Vader's cloak.

"Did you get the information on the base?" He questioned. A few seconds went by before she answered him, "No. She has too much stubbornness within her, she's loyal to the Rebellion." It was a partial lie. Elor could have received the information if she pried, but she couldn't. As for Leia being stubborn, that was true.

"For your sake, you better not be lying." "I'm not. I don't lie." Another lie. The lies coming from her rolled off easy, a little too easy. She could make almost anyone believe anything.

It was as easy as catching a coin that you placed in your other hand.

The silence flooded the room quickly, making Elor question if there was anything else he needed to add, "Is there anything else?" Keeping her gaze on the floor, she waited for a reply. "No." And with that, she fled the room.

Elor wasn't stupid, she knew he'd find a way to get the information. She counted on it.

She turned her head to the direction of the cell Leia was being kept in. Part of her felt the need to free her, no. She couldn't feel this, despite not being a Jedi, she couldn't feel this. Elor was not worthy of it. She didn't deserve it, a happy, nice life.

Turning back to her original route, she went to her room. She started wondering what it was like to not be a part of all of this.

Her walls of dark grey just looked back at her. It was an object, a place, it couldn't speak to her. All it could do was be there, but maybe that was good enough. This station was her life, she couldn't flee. The Death Star was her home.

Closing her eyes, she saw a vision, explosions on planets. There were fighters crashing, burning to the ground as they fell, screams from the people running around frantically. It was a peaceful place, one she had not experienced for herself. The building was an ancient, palace looking stay. It could be any planet, perhaps Alderaan.

She shouldn't feel calm, she should be worrying. But that was a feeling she just simply did not have, or at least was buried deep in her.

Maybe there was hope- no.

Fury was her being, it was her motivation, her skill, her life. It was an emotion she had since a child. To some, she was psychotic, to others, she was a lost cause.

There was hope in the galaxy, maybe not for her, but others perhaps. The Rebellion was built on hope, it gave hope. The Empire just destroyed, and struck fear into the minds of the innocent. You either joined, feared or fought the Empire. That was what Elor was taught.

It wasn't until the Princess had arrived that she started questioning everything in her life.

She didn't understand it- why did she make her feel another emotion. It was unnerving. Hope, there's hope.

Not for her, not now.

She was a child of the dark, there was no hope. Elor should have gone back to the cell and interrogated, not frozen up. She opened her eyes after moments of inner thought.

"It is a weakness." She mumbled to herself, staring off into space. Elor found herself looking at the stars. Per usual, they were bright, they reminded her of Leia. Despite the dark around them, they stood bright with hope.

It amazed her, it captivated her.

Decisions would be made, would she be able to make a choice? Could she truly leave the darkness behind, or could she completely help people?

Hope.

Me: this chapter will focus on the movie finally-
Also me: no, we shall focus more on elor's inner thoughts of hope!

Hope everyone is okay, if not, that's not poggers.

Okay, bye!