𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒

[ Chapter Twelve ]

Yet So Close?

Coeila kept her eyes on Elor, a sudden shock of fear overcame her. She had never meant for this to happen, sure, her ex-husband had meant for that to happen. Coeila knew he was a harsh father, despite her not wishing harm to her daughter, she stood by her husband's side. That alone would never be forgiven by Elor.

"Did you really believe I wouldn't do something in return for being put with the dark side, without a choice?" Elor let out a harsh laugh. Some could call it survival in the circumstance, she called it sweet revenge.

"You've grown up." Coeila noted.

"I had to. It's part of the job description." A faint sound of sadness played in her voice as Elor had replied to her mother. As sinister as it may be, it was the price to pay when joining the dark side. Every side had their price, but you had to be willing to pay it, unless a deal could be made.

Coeila saw the darkness that took over Elor's eyes. The warmth had been replaced by a cruel and coldness.

Darkness was something Elor grew surrounded by, it only seemed natural that she was once again with the Empire. Should a change occur in her life, it would have to be strong enough to pull the death star.

Maybe she needed one person to pull her from the dark into the light, but that was a hope never said with certainty. Elor's life revolved around fury and blood that trailed closely behind her.

The fight was never over for her, the war would never rest. "I didn't want your father to send you into the program."

"Then why didn't you stop him?" Elor paused, "Why didn't you protect me? You shouldn't have lied and said you agreed with him." She fired the words at her mother.

Coeila remained silent, looking into the eyes of her child. She knew her daughter was right, it always ended with her being right.

She saw the saber to the side of her belt. Coeila watched as Elor lightly touched the cold metal piece, sending a shiver up her spine. She knew her daughter needed this closure, and she could never change her mind. Once Elor had her mind made up, there was no changing it unless she didn't truly believe or feel the need to fight for it.

"I hope this brings closure to your life." Coeila whispered to Elor.

Awaiting the swift movement of the weapon, she felt nothing but guilt.

It would take a true miracle for Elor to be changed after that one choice. "Goodbye, mother." The word was spat with venom dripping from her tongue.

Elor stood there as she watched Coeila accept fate, allowing herself to have a sly smile. For a short minute, Elor's mind wandered into the thought of remorse, but it quickly concealed itself.

The girl walked away, not looking back, as she would with her past. The war wouldn't be over, and nobody needed to know she was responsible for not only her father's death, but her mother's too.

It was only a matter of time before she'd be on another mission, slaughtering again. Elor had grown used to the action and request.

She felt a cold rush next to her, and it was as though the wind had a hand on her shoulder, gently telling her it would all change.

But she would have to welcome it first, because if she ignored the chance, she'd have to stick with her life and routine until the day she would die.

The dark could turn to light with help from someone or something, and there was something holding her back from becoming a complete sith. Elor had the mind of someone wishing to change without knowing or understanding it.

Guess who is finally updating her books for the first time in a while. Me.

Another character with dead parents, except she's the one who killed them.

Okay, bye!