𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

[ Chapter Fourteen ]

Helping Is Worth Almost Getting Caught

As she walked down the path made of stone, Elor fiddled with the side of her belt.

Small rocks rolled under her boots as she continued forward, she ignored the questioning looks from locals. Elor knew she was hated and feared, she used to take pride in it. But now, the girl was ashamed. Elor knew the Empire would find her and make her go back, she'd have to lie again and again.

The lies would never stop.

Elor hadn't done anything remotely good in the eyes of anyone, how did she expect to be good?

The screams and shouts of people flooded the road, the commotion made her turn her own head. Flames stirred close to the paved path. Although she was close to ignoring it, she felt a guilt in her stomach if she wouldn't have helped.

Elor dodged the locals as she inched closer to the fire. The element glowed, reflecting in her dark eyes. She couldn't do much, but she'd try- no, Elor would do everything possible to help.

She quickly glanced around, checking for those stuck, she saw one. It was a mother and her child. They shouted for help, and help they would receive.

Elor ran into the woods, she didn't know what to say to provide comfort. She saw how the mother held her child close to her chest, her eyes traveled down to her leg. It was stuck under a log.

Elor focused as much as she could, despite the rush and pounding in her chest, she managed to lift the log and free the woman and her child.

Elor dropped the log far from the woman and the child.

It took a moment for the woman to stand up, still clutching the child close to her. The woman carefully examined Elor, recognizing her and almost backed away in fear, until she came to her common sense.

"Thank you, very much..." The woman thanked, not knowing what else to say, she ran with her child after continuing to thank Elor.

Elor eyed the bright flames, she knew she couldn't control them. That wasn't how the force worked, but she could at least help people get away from it. So she did as she planned.

Running from person to person, family to family as she attempted to help others. It didn't matter that they despised her, she'd still help them. Long before today, she had told herself that she was pure evil and nothing would change that. Heck, days ago she had murdered her own mother.

There would always be that one part of her that would crave the darkness, but it would balance itself out by doing good. In the end, she would be left with fury by her side.

Her internal conflict would never change, not now, not ever. Just as she predicted, a ship had flown down not long after she had helped everyone else flee from the area.

Elor knew it would happen eventually, if not now, it would have been later. Of course, it had to be now.

She did something she would continue doing later on in her life, she ran. For the first time in her life, Elor LaRosa ran as fast and far as she could possibly go.

She jumped in her ship, and managed to fly away just as Darth Vader caught sight of the small shuttle.

"He saw it. He saw the ship- damn it!" Elor cursed at herself. Well, if she could run or hide, she'd find a way.

She'd run to a million stars before she'd easily slip back into the Empire's grasp.

Elor just deciding to be good is >>>

Yeah, in her backstory, as you can see, she's starting to become good, but she still goes somewhat back to the dark. It's fun.

Okay, bye!