𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

[ Chapter Seventeen ]

Enough Was Enough

The second she was taken back to the base, all hope drained from her mind to the back burner of it.

She knew she shouldn't hope to get out, but she did. Everyone hated Kyra Rin, and she was ready to get rid of her other self. She had no idea how to, except one way.

Her mind came with a lie ready to toss into the pile of the rest.

So there she stated, "I was trying to find the Rebel base. I was unsuccessful, and I crashed my ship onto Naboo."

She couldn't read Darth Vader, he was the only one she could never observe easily. "And the blood?" The Emperor questioned.

Elor couldn't bring herself to shrug, she just simply answered, "When you collide your ship, along with you in it, with the ground, it typically makes you bleed from the collision." It was answered with sarcasm and sass.

Both Darth Vader and Palpatine caught the difference in her tone from before. "Is this story a lie?" Palpatine questioned her.

She brought up her head, looking him dead in the eye with a blank expression. "Why would I lie? You'd find the truth eventually." Elor said.

This girl was a simple shell of what she used to be, Vader could easily see that. She was hiding something behind those dark eyes, they were turning soft. Elor was already starting to shape into a different person.

She was shifting from dark to light, maybe it wasn't so hard after all. Or perhaps it was because she never truly was on their side... but she had only been playing the game all along.

Elor was ready to leave all along but she needed that little push to get her out.

"Do not talk back-" Palpatine cut himself off by starting to electrocute her.

Elor tried so hard not to show emotion or any sign of hurt, but the key word was tried. She dropped to the floor, bringing her hands closer to her side. Elor tried to fight it, but it was pointless. She kept her eyes trained on the cold floor. More blood spilled from her side as she was brought up and collided with the floor again, and again.

Enough was enough.

Elor opened her eyes, fury fueling in her system as she sent things around the room flying while she stood up. Staggering, she looked Palpatine in the eye, and she spoke, "Are you done?" Elor rose a brow.

It might get her in more trouble, and she'd be hurt again. But it didn't matter none of it did, because eventually, she'd be doing it for others. Later she would be seen as a hero. Soon enough, she'd be in a happier place, helping others with the Rebellion and she'd meet Leia.

Elor felt something missing from her life, and maybe, just maybe she knew what it was deep down.

But for that moment, she'd be prepared to leave, just as she used to. The moment she had a chance to leave, she would.

I just love Elor with my entire being-

I'm tired.

Okay, bye!