𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

[ Chapter Sixteen ]

On The Grass, Eyes Closed

As she flew her ship, her eyes dulled.

Elor couldn't focus where she was going. She had thought about crashing her ship, not thinking about the chances of survival. So, she did what was natural to her.

She'd tell another lie later. Lifting her hands from the controls, but not before leading in a course of destruction. Elor didn't care about the survival rate.

Closing her eyes, she waited for the fall. As the ship rushed down to the ground, just about to collide with the ground, her heartbeat sped up. It warned her, but she didn't listen to her instincts.

She steadied her breathing and accepted the crash.

For the first time, she felt calm. It was only sad that the only way she could feel like that was when she was on death's doorstep. But death didn't want to take her, not yet. Death was the only one that knew Elor had so much more to do in the galaxy.

It wasn't her time, but she wished it was.

A voice in her head rang the words of, "you'll wake soon."

But she didn't want to.

The girl simply wanted to be out of a contract, a contract that held her life in its arms. Elor wanted true freedom, to help people. She didn't know why she couldn't have it as others did.

Elor knew she should be grateful, but it was hard to be grateful when you'd been through hell. She was confined to walls built to harm, taught as a soldier, she didn't have anyone she was fighting for.

The darkness in her heart had started to bleed out and fuel with light.

Her eyes were dotted with stars, her mind was clouds and her heart was ridden by fury.

The girl had gone through hell and slowly started to become a decent person, and not one soul had seen that. All she wanted was for one person to see that, one person to care for her and not treat her like she was worthless. But she didn't want to be seen as a cold and cruel warrior anymore.

Elor LaRosa wanted to not just survive, but live. She didn't know why it took her crashing to realize that. Maybe that was why death turned her away instantly.

Elor gathered enough strength to crawl out of the cockpit and sprawl across the cool grass. She kept her eyes closed when she got out. It took everything in her to not let a smile spread across her face, she knew who would find her.

While the person that would find her was more forgiving than others she knew, Elor didn't need to deal with that. Not now.

Elor fought alongside the wrong side of the wars that shot across galaxies. Maybe she needed a spark of hope to help her.

She admired this one girl around her age, Leia Organa. Elor knew how strong but kind she was. Leia had hope for the universe, as she gave others hope.

Elor knew who walked closer to her, she didn't need to open her eyes to know.

She would have to lie, over and over again, just as she used to.

I want to protect Elor with all my heart...

And I will.

Okay, bye!