Chapter 7-

Chapter 7-

"Who's Josh Wilson?" I ask as Sera gets ready at 6 o clock the next morning. I still don't have to start school until tomorrow.

"Josh Wilson? How'd you know his name?" Sera looks out at me from the bathroom as she straightens her hair.

"He helped me the first day." I shrug, deciding not to tell her of my adventure and discovery after curfew last night. What if she decided to tell? Until I get to know Sera better, I don't need to tell her anything.

"Oh. Well, he's kind of an outsider. He doesn't talk to many people." She shrugs and focuses back on her hair. She quickly gets done and starts to gather her books.

"Why?" He seemed like he wanted to talk enough to me. I cross my arms. He actually wouldn't go away until I talked.

"I wouldn't be the one to ask. I'm not one of the people that gossips and knows everything. If you wanna know that, you need to talk to Caralynn Mascia, room 28B. She seems to know everything at this school." She says as she opens the door. "Okay, do whatever you want for the day. I'll be back at 4. Bye!"

I wave as Nalin shows up and they leave together. I lay back down on my bed, staring at the ceiling as if it'll tell me everything. I have one day to figure out and go anywhere I need. I take out my green notebook and start to scrawl out my to-do list for the day.

Izzy's To-Do List~

-Find Caralynn Mascia

-Find out who the heck is Josh Wilson

-Learn more about Raven Academy

-Find out if I'm actually special

I decide on the special thing first. I didn't want to plain write out about powers. What if someone read it and thought I was crazy? I already have enough people thinking I'm nuts. So, I decided to use Josh's word. Special.

So, now thirty minutes later, I'm standing in the middle of the room, trying to make myself invisible. I shake my hand, trying to make it see through. I close my eyes, putting all my energy into it. But, every time I open my eyes, my hand is there. What did I do the first time? Someone scared me. Okay, I need to scare myself. But how since I know I'm trying to scare myself?

Another thirty minutes is wasted on that. How the heck do you scare yourself without another person? I growl, laying back down on my bed. I stare at the wall instead of the ceiling this time. I pick at my green sheets. I wait for something to suddenly pop out at me. Nothing. I sigh, closing my eyes. When I open them back up, the biggest spider I have ever seen is right in front of my face, crawling up the wall. I make a squeaking noise in the back of my throat as I watch the hairy beast crawl higher until it starts to make its way onto the bed. I'm too petrified to do anything. Suddenly, I'm snapped out when the thing touches my hand.

"Ahh!" I scream bloody murder, throwing my hand up as I run to get off the bed. I have no idea where the spider went, I'm so disoriented by fear. My biggest fear. Spiders. I scream again as it scrambles out from beneath the bed. I jump up and I have no idea what happens next. I think my head hit the ceiling. And I stay like that when I open my eyes. Suspended in the air. Of course, this makes me scream more.

After I've done enough screaming, I try to find a way down. It feels like the air is lifting me up. I try to swim in the air o get down but it doesn't work. I growl to myself.

"Great! I'm never going to get down-!" As soon as I say the word, I jump into the air a little before falling back onto the carpeted floor. I try to cover my face as little white bits of ceiling fall onto me. What the heck just happened? I look around nervously as if someone would come running into my room because of my screaming. But no one does. Of course, school.