Chapter 27-

Chapter 27-

That morning, I woke up feeling a sense of dread. Something's going to happen today. I just know it. Or I have to do something today... Something!

I think it constantly as I brush my teeth and hair. As I wait for Sera to get out of the shower, I think about it. I have to confront my grandfather. That MUST be it. And when I actually realize it, the dread settles in my stomach, making me feel like I'm sick. But I have to do it...

"Ready to go?" Sera asks, startling me. I didn't even know she had gotten out of the shower but now she's fully dressed and has even done her makeup. She grabs her books, opening the door and gesturing to me. It's time to go to breakfast. So I slowly grab my books, following her in a daze. I think about what I'm going to say and before I know it, we're there. I stand at the doors, staring at them, forcing myself to think of something.

Before I know it, a burning anger is fighting it's way out of me. I don't know how it started, but now I have no choice but to release it. How dare he keep something this big from me? I deserve to know whether I might die. I deserve to know if I'm going to have to be some big hero that saves everyone! Sera sees my face and backs away. I don't know if I look scary or scared myself, but I take a deep breath, pushing through the doors.

Everyone is busy talking, laughing, and eating. There's nothing unusual about a girl stomping towards the back of the lunch room towards the headmaster.

When they do start noticing me, I don't know why. Then I look down and see my hand burning with white hot flames. So that's what's making me feel stronger. I extinguish it and it makes me feel almost scared and vulnerable. I stop, about to turn back. The, my grandfather looks up and his beady black eyes meet mine. The anger grows again and I don't even look down to make sure I'm not burning the school now. I don't care. I'm just focused on getting to him and giving him a piece of my mind.

"Isabel?" My grandfather asks, glancing nervously down at my hand. He narrows his eyes at me and squeezes his hand. I feel my strength fading along with the fire. I fight back, letting the fire grow until it's halfway up my arm. "What is the meaning of this?"

I clench my teeth together. "I know you're lying." I hiss.

He narrows his eyes further. "Lies?"

"Yes, lies. Like the fact that I may be apart of some prophecy and I may DIE!" I scream the end and my grandfather tries to shush me.

"I understand you found something you were not supposed to see. Let us talk about this in a place more..." He looks around and the students glancing at them. "Private."

I look around at the people who look away when they see me. "Let them know. It's their lives, too! It's their future!"

I swing around, opening my mouth. I'm about to yell out everything. But my mouth won't open. My grandfather stares at me with cold eyes as I try to open my mouth. What did he do?

"That's enough, Isabel." He says calmly. He looks over the students all staring at us.

"Breakfast is over!" He yells to them. "Go about your normal schedule!"

They all file out, glancing back at us and whispering. Soon, only twelve people stay behind, walking towards us.

"You really know how to clear a room, don't you, Izzy?" Josh says, shaking his head as he comes up to stand beside me.

"MMmmmMMmmm!" I try to say, but my mouth is still closed shut. So instead of replying with a comeback, I smack his arm. But he doesn't seem hurt because he just laughs.

My grandfather sighs, waving his hand. "Please learn to control your temper."

I can now open my mouth so I start yelling again. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?"

My grandfather lifts his hand threateningly, reminding me he can seal my mouth shut again. I clamp my mouth shut so fast I almost chop my tongue off. My grandfather puts his hand down while I try to remain calm.

"You're a Magician, aren't you?" I find myself saying.

My grandfather presses his lips together, looking over my friends around me. We all stand tense, prepared for anything.

"Yes, I am a Magician." He finally says, sighing. "How did you figure out?"

"Occultus Bibliotheca Specialis?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

My grandfather's face grows red. "You were spying on me?!"

It wasn't really a question, but I shook my head. "We were trying to figure out what you were hiding."

"We?! You've all been spying on me?!?"

"It involves them, too! 'A girl of sixteen with twelve by her side'. It's them!" I say, glaring at him.

He seems shocked. "Isabel," he says quietly. "We don't know it's you. It just says a girl. Why do you think it's you?"

"You seemed to think so in that letter." I say, my voice trembling.

My grandfather breathes out in a huff, about to speak. But then the man that walks around the school at night runs in. I didn't think she could run that fast, but he's breathing hard.

"Sir! Sir! They-They're coming!" He stutters.

My grandfather's face pales as he looks at him then back at me. He sighs before nodding. The old man runs off.

"I'm afraid we're going to have to continue this conversation later. We must prepare ourselves for battle." He turns away from us, looking out the window into the setting sun. "They're almost here. The Darkness is coming."

*******************

Sorry it's short. I've been VERY busy lately and I'm super excited to get to the fighting! So, help me get inspiration by voting and commenting!!!!!:)