Chapter 24-

Chapter 24-

My grandfather steps out of the wall, books tucked under his arm, and his black eyes darting everywhere. I bite my lip, waiting for him to glance to his right and see me in front of the bookshelf. And he does.

His eyes flick over to the bookshelf and he looks frustrated. He sighs, walking towards me. I can't even make a noise as I try to think of an explanation.

I was trying to find the bathroom.... All the way downstairs. I was looking for him.... In his dark, locked office in the middle of the night. None of those would go well.

But instead of stopping when he gets to me, he walks THROUGH me to the bookshelf. He adjusts a book as I realize something. I face-palm when I remember we're invisible. I'm an idiot.

My grandfather glances around the room once more before nodding. I'm just close enough to him to hear him whisper, "Occultus Bibliotheca Specialis". The wall closes behind him. Then he's gone out of the room, the door locking behind him.

"'Hidden Library for the Special'?" Andy asks, translating. Oh yeah, they all know Latin.

"Is that like a passcode for it or something?" I ask, walking back up to the wall. I place my hand on it, trying to make it open like the door. the wall warms up beneath my touch but it doesn't open.

"Maybe. Try it." Someone says from behind me.

"Occultus Bibliotheca Specialis," I whisper to the wall with my hand still on it. The wall heats up further before it slowly creaks open. Behind it lies the biggest library I've ever seen. Thousands of books line the walls and stacks which reach up way past the height of the school. It's not possible... Yet here it is before me. I rub my eyes but it's still there.

"Holy..." Sera mutters, but doesn't finish as she cranes her head up to see the ceiling. But she can't. It goes up so high that fog blocks the ceiling- if there is one- from view. I look down the rows of books and I can't even see the end of that. It would be very easy to get lost in here. I walk over the the big table to my left.

"What is this?" I whisper as the door closes behind us. The library goes dark for a second before torches pop to life. I watch as they continue to way down the line of books.

"How're we going to find a prophecy in all of this?" Nalin asks.

Ellie shrugs. "If it's meant to be, maybe it'll find us."

I seriously doubted that with all these books. I glance around again before sighing.

"Okay, everyone spread out. Flyers look at the top and see if you can find the ceiling. Try not to get lost."

Claire raises her hands like she's in a classroom.

"Um, yes? Claire?"

"We should have a signal or something if we get lost." She says.

I think about it. "Ooookay. Any ideas?"

Everyone takes a minute to think of something.

"Why can't we just scream out 'Help! I'm lost!'" Andy suggests.

"Um, okay. That's good enough." I shrug, walking off in a random direction while everyone discusses it. I walk the aisles for what seems like forever. After a while, all the sounds are gone. I'm so far away I can't hear my friends anymore. The only sounds I hear are my own footsteps echoing off the endless book shelves. I scan the titles as I walk past, but most of them are in Latin. I sigh, continuing to search the books that seem to have no pattern.

I see all kinds of books. Old books. They're practically falling apart when I pull them out. Dust wafts up to my nose, making my eyes water. I put them back quickly. Others look like they were put there a few minutes ago. Their covers shine as I pull them out. All the books mix, making a mess that I'm sure no one can find anything in.

After a while of looking, I collapse on the floor. My legs hurt after looking so long and it seems like I've been in here for hours. Is it already time for school? What will we do? I take a deep breath, trying to remember how to get back when I hear a noise. I tense, preparing for an attack.

But it doesn't sound like a person... It sounds like something falling. I get up, my legs shaky.

"Anybody there?" I call out before thinking. I slap a hand over my mouth, listening. But there's no other sound. I walk, almost on automatic, towards where the noise came from. When I turn the corner, I just see a large book on the ground. Walking up to it carefully, I can see the dust still settling around it like it was just dropped. Was someone here, or...?

I glance around before turning my attention back to the book. The title's not in English but I pick up the book anyway. Dusting the cover off, it seems to shine like a new book. It looks like it's golden and my eyes widen, taking in all the details. My heart swells with hope. Is this the book? THE book that was supposed to call to me?

I open the cover... And I see it all in Latin. I sigh, knowing it's not it. When I'm about to close the book, something weird happens. The letters shift. They turn this way and that until they finally settle into words... Real English words. I blink and the words don't go away.

I jump up and down, trying to contain my excitement. This is it! This will finally explain everything, I think as I hurriedly start to read....

'Into the final battle she shall ride

A girl of sixteen with twelve by her side

The unlucky will win but really fail

New love will die while true shall prevail

A mistaken three shall be bound in a nightmare jail

Watch for the real through the mail

Life in the hands of the golden snake

Darkness will fall when the chosen one wakes'

Aaaaand I was wrong. I understand nothing.

****************************

HEYY!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY PROPHECY??:D