Chapter 15-

Chapter 15-

I sit straight up in bed, my head colliding with something in front of me. The thing hisses in pain.

"Ow! Crap!" I groan, trying to catch my breathe. I look around, fighting the pain in my head. I'm in the infirmary I think. And Josh is beside me.

"You think your head hurts? How do you think mine feels? You have a hard head!" He laughs, rubbing his red forehead. I make a face at him.

"What the heck were you doing?" I ask as I rub my numb fingers together. Numb from the cold. From my nightmare... But it couldn't have been real... Could it?

I look at Josh, into his eyes. The same stormy grey. Not the dark yellow cat eyes. Not the evil eyes. I breathe a sigh of relief.

Then I realize it's been a while since I asked that question. I look at Josh as he struggles to think of an answer. His cheeks are slightly tinted pink. When it dawns on me, my own cheeks turn fiery. I struggle to cover them up with my hair, fighting a small smile.

"What time is it?" I ask, changing the subject. He looks relieved, running a hand through his dark hair. He looks at a watch on his wrist.

"Almost time for school to start."

"WHAT?! That long?!"

He nods. "When you first start using your powers, they really drain you. Especially when you use them THAT much."

I think back. I only see flashes of fire, water, and my hand glowing. Wow.

"So, you think I've found almost all my powers?" I ask, getting out of the bed and trying to brush through my curly hair.

"Hmmmm." He thinks. "Maybe. All of them for now."

"Any chance I'm immortal?" I smirk, heading for the exit.

He snorts. "Probably not. I've only met Mr. Dawn."

When we finally come to where we have to part, I wave goodbye slowly. He smirks and just disappears.

"Stupid... Invisible..." I mutter as I walk away. I really wish he would stop doing that.

*****

I walk into math about an hour later, annoyed. Since I didn't have time to get a shower, my hair is frizzy and curly. I again try to push it down. As yesterday, I see some of my friends waving at me from their table. But I don't go over there. Instead I turn to the right and walk towards where Jonah is sitting all alone, staring at the other table.

I slam my books down, making him jump and look at me. He narrows his eyes before making a point to look away from me. When Josh walks in, he looks from my friend's table to where I sit with Jonah. He walks over and looks at me curiously, about to say something.

"Sit," I growl at him. He obeys, sitting next to me across from Jonah who's eyes flicker over to us momentarily.

"What's your problem?" I hiss at Jonah.

He sighs and looks at me. "What problem?"

"Why do you keep staring at people? At me?"

"I don't just stare at you," he mutters.

"Okay, but why do you stare at EVERYONE?!" I ask, angry because he's trying not to answer me.

I follow his gaze to see Ellie smiling at him. He smirks then frowns at me.

"Where you somehow talking to her?" I ask.

"None of your business," He mutters.

I grumble under my breathe, watching the way Ellie and Jonah talk without talking. Every once in a while, they laugh and no one seems to notice. Even as the class goes on, I can see them talking. A few times, I even see one of them blush. When class is over, he stands to go. I put my hand on his arm, stopping him.

He sighs. "What do you want now?"

"You like her." I accuse, not even looking as I grab Josh's arm, silently telling him he's not leaving.

"Let me go," Jonah growls and I jump back, surprised by the bitterness in his voice. His hand lights on fire threateningly. I roll my eyes and squeeze my hand into a fist. His fire goes out instantly.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Just admit it."

His cheeks turn red as he looks around the room.

"Fine, I like her." He murmurs under his breath. "But it doesn't matter." He nods his head towards the door where Ellie kisses the cheek of Jonathan Cornelius.

Oh, crap. I've got some serious meddling to do.

*****

At lunch, I try to corner Ellie in the line.

"Sooo, how long have you and Jonathan had a thing?" I ask, trying to sound casual. She glances at me, her cheeks turning as red as a tomato.

"Not long. We just started dating." She almost whispers.

"Mhm..." I say, trying to think of what to do. We get through the line and sit at our table.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" Sera smiles at us.

"What?" I ask, confused. It's Friday, but it's not like we can do anything because of this stupid school.

"A few select Fridays is the only time when we're allowed to have sleepovers. You arrived just in time for tonight." Caralynn smiles, practically bouncing in her seat in excitement.

"I can't wait." Samantha says. "Tonight's gonna be my first sleepover here."

"We should have sleepovers more often." Claire adds in.

"So, who's place are we going to this time?" Lexi asks.

"We agreed we would come over to my room this time since I didn't have anybody in there..." Sera glances at me. "But I guess we can still do it. My room is still the biggest."

Everyone nods in agreement.

"Wait. Let me get this straight. My super-major-annoyingly strict grandfather/headmaster is letting us have a sleepover?" I ask, still not believing it.

"Not just us," Ellie answers, her cheeks now paled to their regular color. "The boys can sleepover in boy's rooms too."

"And we're all cramming into Sera and I's room?"

Everyone nods. For some reason, I can't fight the smile that lights up my face. I feel like I'm already fitting in here. There's no telling what's in store for tonight.

********

I keep meaning to get down to important stuff, but I just can't stop thinking of new things to do! I'm so excited for all of the different things in this book! :D you should be excited too! Get excited!