Chapter 14-

Chapter 14-

I woke up to cold. Piercing cold blown through my jacket by the wind. Some freezing rain hits my face as I shakily get up and look around.

I'm in a forest.

The forest is almost pitch black because it's the middle of the night. Only a little sliver of moon shows whats before me. The trees are charred as if they were recently on fire. Snowy rain blows through it, bringing interesting smells to me. This entire place smells of darkness. I don't how I know that, but I just do...

This must be a nightmare... How would I have gotten here? I've never seen this place.

Something interrupts my thoughts when the trees move. Something's moving through the trees, circling me. This has to be a nightmare...

Suddenly, I start singing a song in my head. It sounds familiar as if I've heard it before. Like I'm listening to it. It bears a scary resemblance to this moment almost as if it's causing this nightmare.

'Darkness all around

Wind blowing through my hair

I try to tell myself

That nothing's really there

That it can't be more

Than a nightmare

The wind tugs at my clothes

I really want to go

But something tells me to stay

Something tells me I can't get away'

The song has a soft tune.. A creepy tune. It echoes through the forest, causing the thing in there to laugh darkly. It startles me, making me try to run away from the dark forest. Somehow, I end up running towards it, dodging branches as the dark voice laughs more. I can sense it following me.

'Something's out there

Something lurks in the dark

Something waits

Something wants to tear me apart

And I know...

I can't run away from this nightmare

I can't run away anymore'

I take a deep breath, knowing I have to listen to the song. It's the only way to get out of here. And when I turn around... The thing emerges... And it's... It's...

'Prepare yourself

This is only the start

Prepare yourself

Don't let it crush your heart

Prepare yourself

Or you'll get sucked in too

Sucked into this nightmare'

It's me... And my friends... And more... They all smile at me darkly as they stalk forward. When the me lookalike gets close enough, I can see it's eyes. Yellow and slitted. And pure evil looking. Like the song said, my heart seems to squeeze and do a flip when I see my friends.... Sera... Caralynn... Josh... Those are some of the first people I see. And my heart seems to be crushed into dust.

I try running one more time. Twirling around and running... Straight towards a cliff...

'Shadows crawl across the walls

I prepare myself

I'm going to fall

I can't get away from this nightmare'

I gasp as I stumble, my foot catching on something invisible. The darkness swallows me up as I fall, listening to the last part of the song.

'Something's out there

Something lurks in the dark

Something waits

Something wants to tear me apart

And I know...

I can't run away from this nightmare

I can't run away anymore'

And I sit straight up in bed.

*********

Yeah! Two chapters in one day! I know you love me;) they're both short, but it's two chapters in one day! Come on! Anyway, and I just HAD to add this chapter since we're getting into the fun stuff now. I think it's about time to introduce the problem in this story, don't you?

"But what about the solution?" You may ask. "There always has to be a solution!"

Beware... There may be a solution. But, alas, this book is fated with a twist;)