Chapter 10-

Chapter 10-

I open my eyes and just stare at the ceiling. What's in store for me today? It's my first day of classes. Are they all special classes? Am I even going to be able to use my powers? Do I have any classes with my friends? I need to go to the office and pick up my schedule early. Only then will I know.

So, I start the long process of getting ready, taking extra time on my hair. I finally look at myself in the mirror after I've showered, dressed, and did my hair and a little makeup. See, I don't like makeup much, but I did use a little eyeliner and blush today. I picked out a green sweater that matched my eyes with regular jeans and boots. Good.

I walk out into the hall just as Sera's starting to stir, groaning that she doesn't want to get up today. I walk down the quiet hall, towards the stairs where the boys and girl's halls meet. Starting to go down them, a small breeze blows my hair back.

"You're up early," a familiar voice says, making me jump.

"Jeez! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" I yell at Josh before deciding to quiet down. "And I'm not up THAT early."

"Impatient to get your schedule?"

I sigh and nod.

"Don't be. Usually everyone has almost the same classes."

"Hey, why are you up early?" I question randomly.

"I'm not. I always get up at this time."

I roll my eyes. "And you're always stalking the halls at..." I look at my watch. "6:30?"

He shrugs, smirking. "Yeah,"

"Mhm." I say, smiling at him as I pick up my pace towards my grandfather's office. Before I get there, I have to take a deep breath. Did my grandfather know about my powers? Of course he did, you idiot! And he kept it from me to. I shake my head, shoving the huge door open into his office. Josh follows silently.

"Ah, Isabel. I was expecting you to arrive soon." His cold eyes shift to Josh. "Mr. Wilson. May I help you?"

Josh shakes his head. "No, sir. I'm just here with Izzy."

Grandfather narrows his eyes, almost like he's trying to cut into Josh's soul with them. Finally, he just frowns at Josh then turns back to me.

"I have your schedule right here, Isabel. I have taken the liberty of deciding all of the classes I thought would suit you best." He hands me a sheet of paper, folded nicely.

I unfold it, my eyes scanning over the schedule. Here's what it said:

Isabel Maria Raven- Year 1- Room 73B-

1st hour- Mathematics

2nd hour- Literature/Latin

Lunch

3rd hour- Science of the Arts

4th hour- History

5th hour- PE

"Only one hour each class?" I ask, for some reason feeling like an idiot. All the classes seem so normal.

"Hour as in period or class," my grandfather says like I am an idiot.

"Okay," I say, shrugging and turning to go. Josh bows stiffly before leaving. My grandfather stares at me with dark eyes, like he expects me to bow. But I just walk out of the room without even a goodbye.

*****

My day started out normal. Math was regular old math. Just sort of... I don't know. It seemed a little more advanced than my old school. I had trouble keeping up. But luckily, Sera, Ellie, Lexi, Jonah, and Josh were in there. Sera let me borrow her notes to copy down, while Ellie and Lexi tried to explain a few problems. Josh didn't even sit with us, which was weird. We were allowed to sit anywhere we wanted. Still, he sat by himself. Jonah didn't sit with us either, but he kept watching me like I was suddenly going to attack him. A few of the kids I didn't know. Like two kids Luke and Jonathan kept to themselves. I saw Lexi and Ellie glance at them a few times and blush. Then Jonah looked more annoyed.