Epilogue

Epilogue-

I know something's wrong. I can feel it. I knew from the moment I woke up in the school infirmary that something wasn't right.

The weird thing is that everything should be fine. We defeated the Darkness (or at least they disappeared), everyone's okay (except Jonathan), and the school's okay (except for some major damages). So why do I feel like something more is out there? Something I'm missing?

"You okay?" Sera asks me as she comes out of the bathroom. Her brown hair is styled perfectly, her bright blue eyes shining. She grabs a jacket from her bed, throwing it onto the light pink dress she has on. A smile lights up her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I can't help smiling just looking at her. She looks so happy. We both know tonight is something special. Nalin's going to ask her to marry him.

"Do I look okay?" She pushes her hair out of her eyes quickly before running back to the bathroom to make sure she didn't mess it up.

"Yes, you look perfect!" I call after her as she comes back into the room. "Are you ready?"

She nods, smiling nervously. I get up from my bed, looking down at the bright red dress I have on. Checking my hair once, I take a deep breath, smile at Sera, and walk out of the room. Tonight's the night of a school dance.

We meet Josh and Nalin by the stairs where the two hallways meet. Nalin walks over to Sera and takes her hand. I walk up to Josh and do the same.

"How's it going?" I smile at him as we follow behind Nalin and Sera (at this point they'd completely forgotten about us and had just started staring at each other).

"I'm good." Josh smiles. "I just feel weird. You know, almost nervous. I'm not sure about what. It's just this feeling that I can't shake. Like something's going to go wrong."

My heart seems to do a flip. It's exactly how I feel. Could it mean something...?

I shake my head as we walk into the redone gym. Except the top is completely gone. But, when I look again, I find I'm wrong. The ceiling isn't gone, but the sky looks like it was brought to us. White stars shine in the air, surrounded by black space. It looks like we're actually in space. It's crazy.

"Of course I should have known you guys never do anything normally." I laugh, shaking my head. Josh pulls my hand a little towards the dance floor.

"Care to dance, m'lady?" He asks, sort of bowing. I shake my head again, but allow him to lead me towards the dance floor.

Nothing is going to ruin this night.

***********

Of course, I'm always wrong.

I had just stepped outside to get some fresh air. After a while of dancing, I was starting to feel lightheaded. So I stepped outside.

I close my eyes as I lift my face up to the moon. The air seems to clear my head, so I take a deep breath and turn around to go back inside.

"I've missed you," a dark voice purrs behind me. I whip around just as I'm overcome by darkness.

**********

3rd Person POV-

"Izzy? Are you out here?" Josh calls into the night, looking for his girlfriend. She had said she would just step out for a second.

Josh walks over to a table and sits, listening for her. After a second of not hearing anything, he gets up. A rustling behind his back startles him. Josh whips around, a fireball in hand.

"Woah! It's just me!" Izzy holds up her hands, smiling nervously.

Josh laughs and plays like he's going to throw it at her before extinguishing it.

"You were gone a while," he says simply as she walks out of the shadows.

"Sorry, I heard a noise. It was just a deer." She says, smiling as she takes his hand.

Josh winces, surprised by how cold her hand is. "You're freezing! Come on! Lets get inside."

Izzy nods, looking behind once more as Josh pulls her towards the school.

Her eyes gleam gold once before they're jade green again. Together, they walk into the school.