Chapter 30-

Chapter 30-

Izzy's POV-

Jezebel immediately transports when I tackle her. It feels like my cells are being ripped apart as I transport. I scream out and drop to the ground when I reach the other side.

"Izzy!" I hear a familiar voice scream. I'm in too much pain to open my eyes for a second as I hear a dark chuckle.

"Glad you could join us," The voice laughs. "Impatient, aren't we, Jezebel?"

"I'm ready to be able to kill people," I can hear Jezebel say with a pout.

"Okay," The voice sighs. "Keep him busy then."

I look up to see Reaper starting towards me. Josh fights against Jezebel in the background, his eyes never once leaving mine.

"Xavier! Xavier! Don't you touch her!" He yells/growls. I try to back away but something holds me there.

Reaper comes up to me and pulls me up by the throat. I struggle to breathe as he just holds me in the air for a second. He's going to kill me. I've failed.

But, in a few seconds I would discover what he was doing was much worse than killing me.

He then lowers me down all of the sudden. He looks down into my eyes with his golden ones and for just a second, he looks away like he's ashamed. Like he regrets doing this. Then his eyes look back at me and a cruel smirk is on his face.

"Do you know how long I've waited to do this?" He whispers, his hand now caressing my cheek. Before I can answer, or do anything, his lips are on mine. I try to struggle away for a moment as I hear Josh growling in the background. Then, I give into it. It's not that I enjoy it. No, if I could, I would push the freak away and kill him. But my mind is almost numbing. I can't feel anything. I slowly slip into the Darkness.

**********

3rd Person POV

Josh punches and kicks around him, trying to hit Jezebel. She moves quickly out of his way. But every time he tries to move towards Izzy, she reappears in front of him and punches him in the stomach. Josh growls, trying to get to where Reaper's still KISSING Izzy.

'I can't let this happen,' Josh thinks. 'I have to help her.'

Suddenly, everything changes. Jezebel finally moves out of his way, Reaper pulls away from Izzy, and Izzy... She just squeezes her eyes closed and tries not to scream.

"Izzy?" Josh says hesitantly. Izzy puts her hands in her hair, pulling on it like she's in pain. Suddenly her eyes open up and Josh gasps. One of her jade green eyes is slowly changing into the bright golden color like Jezebel's and Reaper's.

"What-What did you do to her?" Josh tries to growl at Reaper. Reaper smiles.

"She's turning Dark. Then I won't have to defeat you. She will."

Suddenly, the wind picks up. It blows Josh over until he's on his knees, trying to get up. The ground splits in two under them. Rain falls, feeling like tiny needles slicing into his skin.

But, despite it all, he focuses on Reaper, squinting through the rain. That's the best he can do. Try to get into Reaper's mind. Again, he's met with a painful pulse at the invisible barrier.

'I've got to try. I can't let her down.' Josh thinks. Then, an idea comes to him. It wasn't a good idea or a safe one, but Josh knew he had to try it. He knew he had to do this, even if he died trying.

Josh closes his eyes, trying to forget everything going on around him. The elements swirling crazily. Reaper and Jezebel admiring their work. The girl he loved quickly turning into Darkness...