Chapter 18-

Chapter 18-

"Grandfather!" I yell, stepping away from Josh, my cheeks blazing.

"Headmaster Raven," Josh says, obviously trying to stay calm.

"I can see what you're doing outside of your room," he growls in his rumbling voice. "Seeing this boy." His eyes shift to Josh as if he disapproves of him. I cross my arms as he continues.

"Come along. I can't treat you differently just because you're Lucas's daughter." My heart seems to squeeze. That's all he thinks I am. A student and Lucas- my dad's- daughter. Not his last living relative. Not his granddaughter.

As we follow him, I keep my head down. Josh seems to sense that I'm upset and he takes my hand. It makes my cheeks blaze again. I think about the kiss we shared and I can't help smiling. Then I think about what happened after that. The guy with the scarred hands... Josh called him Xaiver.

"Stay in here until I deal with all of you," he says, leading us into a room and snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Wait. All of us?" I ask as I trip into the doorway. It's a classroom. And all my friends are inside, half asleep.

"Wha?" Lexi says when her face hits the desk. She jumps up, looking around. A few other people jump up.

"Why are they in here?" I ask, turning to my grandfather. "They didn't do anything!"

Grandfather looks over everyone. "They were found in the sleeping in the same room together. Your room actually. They've broken a very serious rule."

"What are you going to do?" I ask him, fearing for my friends.

"For a cause this big, there's nothing else I could do besides expulsion."

"WHAT?!?!" Everyone in the room screams. Everyone stands up, their chairs flying.

My grandfather winces. "Children, please..."

"You can't do this!" I scream. "What about them? What about me?!"

My grandfather looks confused. "You would stay here, Isabel. You didn't-"

"What?! No! You're going to punish them and not me?! That makes no sense!!" I scream, throwing my hands out. Lightning flickers outside as if showing my emotion. The rain pelts the roof and the lights flicker. And if that wasn't enough, a cold breeze blew through the classroom, giving everyone a chill.

"But you weren't found in there." He says.

"I was in there before. If you aren't going to punish me, too, then I'm running away."

"Izzy, stop," Josh takes my hand.

"No, I'm not stopping." The walls shake. "I don't care. You can expel me, but you can't expel them. They've actually worked at this. They have nowhere else to go. They're freaks everywhere else!"

No one complains. They just nod their heads, eyes shining with tears.

My grandfather sighs, looking around at all of us.

"Perhaps... It could keep you from..." He mutters, then stops. "Very well. You will all serve in-school suspension in here."

We all breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'll tell you the rules tomorrow. Go to all of your separate rooms."

***********************

Sorry it's short:( But I expect more reactions from these!! Come on people!!!!!!