Chapter 16-

Chapter 16-

"Candy? Check. Popcorn? Check. Sleeping bags? Check..." Claire continues, letting everyone in when they show her what they were assigned to bring. I was assigned to make sure we had enough pillows. Everyone is at least supposed to bring their own drink and one snack. I had grabbed my big bag of Oreos I'd snuck into the school. Apparently, everyone here, like me, had their own secret stash of chocolate and candy. I pop an Oreo into my mouth, savoring the chocolateyness.

"Woah!" Claire says, holding her hand out. I look up to see her not allowing entrance to Nalin. "No. Boys. Allowed." She says each word as if he's deaf.

"Aw come on!" He whines and pouts. "I brought Hershey's Kisses!"

"Backup!" Claire shouts, struggling to hold Nalin back. She's a pixie compared to him. I sigh. I've also been assigned to be Claire's "backup".

"No boys allowed." I say, getting up and standing in front of Nalin. I cross my arms, daring him to try to get around me. He raises his eyebrow at me. We stand like that for a second. I may not be able to read minds, but it's like we were having a silent conversation then. A standoff.

I glance over to Claire and she smirks like she's got a plan. She comes over and grabs my hand. From her hand, warmth flows into my body. Strength. I look up and catch Claire's eyes fading from gold back to their normal color.

"Izzy, tell Nalin to slap himself." She says in fake sweetness. I look at her, confused. So does Nalin.

"Nalin... Um... Slap yourself." It comes off sounding like a question. Nalin still stares at me, about to say something. Then the weirdest thing happens. Nalin's eyes go blank for a moment and he slaps himself hard. Then his eyes clear up and he shakes his head.

"What the heck...?" He starts.

"And, please tell him to leave now." Claire smiles. I do as I'm told. Again, Nalin's eyes go blank and he twirls around.

"Wait!" I say. He does so and I pluck the Hershey's Kisses out of his hands. Then I slam the door, which hits his butt, knocking him out of the room.

"Woah! How'd I do that?" I exclaim as Claire laughs.

"I gave the power to you," she smiles and shrugs. "It's one of my powers."

"That, my friend, is cool."

Then, all the girls spill out of the bathroom. They missed everything.

"What's cool?" Sera asks.

Claire and I just glance at each other, falling out laughing.

*****

We'd been watching this creepy movie for about an hour now. Though, kinda gross, it actually intrigued me. It's called The Raven. It's about this dude killing people people based off Edgar Allan Poe's stories.

"So, how long is that power going to last?" I ask randomly, making a few of the girls jump.

"I don't know..." Claire thinks. "I think it should be gone by now."

"Hm. Let's test it..." I look at Caralynn and smile wickedly.

"Oh no! If you test that on me, I will-"

"Caralynn, walk into the wall."

Her eyes go blank and she stands up, walking towards the wall. Just as she hits it, her eyes clear up and her face turns red with anger.

We're all laughing and Caralynn's about to attack me when something stops us. Well, not something... But a noise... We all turn to look towards the source of the noise. The doorknob turns slowly. Then, the door starts to creak open ever so slowly... And behind it stands no one.