Chapter 20-

Chapter 20-

I take a deep breath, opening the file. The first file I see is an old one. It says...

'07/12/66

It's been almost 5 years since the last attack. We thought they had finally given up. We need to remember that the Darkness will never stop fighting, just as the Light will not. But, people are starting to lose hope in the prophecy. The Darkness has started their own academy to train servants. I fear for the future if the prophecy does not come true.'

I look at the document which looks like a journal entry. It takes me a minute to wrap my head around this. Darkness and Light? Could it mean good and evil? The evil people have their own school? And a prophecy? What could all this mean? I pull out the next file. It's more recent.

'03/05/89

The last twenty years have been hard. The attacks have been getting more regular and violent. We have sent in spies but none of them have come back. I fear for the safety of my students and the world. Sadly, I fear the prophecy is not going to come true...'

What dang prophecy?! Are these all the same person? I search through the rest of the file, scanning each one for something having to do with a prophecy. And ALL of the documents at least mention it once but doesn't say what it is.

I find pictures, too. Blurry images of kids shrouded in darkness. A few bend fire and other elements. And a few have eyes that shine golden. Like in my dream.. Could it have been a warning? What does any of this mean? Other pictures show pictures of missing kids. Then the others... Bodies. I can only guess they must be the ones in the attacks.

I finally find the most recent document. Two years ago.

'12/11/10

In all of my years, I finally have hope. But with it comes great despair. I believe the prophecy will soon come true. But, sadly, I believe it is my granddaughter, Isabel. I almost hope I am wrong. That this beautiful little girl will have to face such sadness and pain makes me almost want to hide her from the prophecy. Alas, the prophecy does not care for the one's I love. Let us only pray the ending has a different meaning than everyone thinks. Let us only pray she lives to see her seventeenth birthday.'

My first thoughts were questions, of course. My grandfather? Beautiful? Love? Despair? Does that mean he actually cares?

My next thought is what I should have been worried about. LET US ONLY PRAY SHE LIVES TO SEE HER SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY?!?!?!

****************

Sorry it's short xP I'm really trying to finish reading this book so I can fully focus on writing. But at least it answers what's in the file! :D (and yes, the book takes place in 2012)