Chapter twenty

I had a reason to hate him and that protected me from getting closer to him. But now I know why he did all this. It's getting hard to keep my emotions at bay.

As school got over I walked by my locker to gather my things. Nikki came and leaned on one of the nearby lockers and stared at me intensely.

"Nikki, what's the matter?" I asked. She wouldn't do this if not for some serious troubles.

"Something is different about you Mia. I feel as though you have gone far away. And I know for sure that you are lying to me about something. I have waited this long for you to tell me but you didn't open your mouth." She gave me a disapproving look.

"Nikki not every day is a good day. I promise you that I will tell you as soon as I can. I just need some time." I responded.

" Um.. excuse me. Can you guys show me the way to the principal's office?" A voice spoke from behind us.

We turned our heads to a girl who looked pretty as hell. Her long hair touched her hips and swayed as the wind blew stronger. She was so cute that even Barbie would fail before her.

"Ya sure. It's at the end of this hallway." Nikki pointed out the directions.

" Thanks. My name is Amelia. I just transferred to this school. Nice to meet you guys" she let out her hand.

We greeted her back.

Wait it's Amelia. Ryan's childhood friend.

Ryan arrived just then and spotted his friend who was talking to us. He awkwardly took steps towards her. It was more than clear that he was so excited to have her back.

When Amelia realized Ryan's presence the inevitable happened.

" Ryan I missed you so much. It's so nice to see you" she shouted as she inched closer to him and hugged him tightly for dear life.

I was stunned by the scene unfolding in front of me. Ryan reacted with the same emotions as he hugged her back and swirled her in his embrace. But that was not the end of it. She caught his head in her hands and kissed him on his cheeks till his cheeks started to blush.

That was the last straw for me. What the hell is happening here? My eyes were burning holes in her head.

Nikki who watched everything quietly slowly entangled my hands in a comforting way. She knew I had a crush on Ryan for a long time.

After what seemed like forever, these two decided to move apart and let some air between their bodies.

" Ryan I can't believe I am finally here. I missed you so much. And I must say you look a lot more handsome than the last time we met." She said as she kept fidgeting with his shirt button.

The anger inside me was attaining higher limits. How dare she touch my husband. He is mine and mine alone.

" Amy it's good to see you too. " And before he could talk more Amelia pulled him towards the hallway.

" Come on Ryan, baby. Let's continue talking on the way." They both started to walk away but not before Amelia turned around and waved us a happy goodbye.

Ryan kept his eyes on me until they turned around the corner.

Nikki caught the sad smile that Ryan gave me.

" Mia, why is Ryan looking at you like that? " She asked not understanding what was happening.

But one look from him was enough to make me cry as I watched him go far away.

I didn't have an answer to Nikki's questions so I left abruptly. Nikki kept calling my name but I was in no mood to deal with her now.

I zoned out most of the time and failed to notice the person striding towards me.

'Hey, Mia. How have you been?". Cole genuinely enquired.

" I have been better Cole. What's up?"

" Your lover boy has given me your note. Here it is" he struck out the beautifully colored note.

My lover boy and Ryan.

These mixed feelings are too much to bear and feel wrong on so many levels. I was still immersed in the conversation in my mind when Cole slightly shook me to bring me back.

I broke from my stance and looked at a very worried-looking Cole.

"Are you okay? You look so dull".

"I am fine Cole. Can you do something for me?" I can't believe I am making Cole do something that I never thought I would do in a million years.

"Ya, sure".

"Please give this back to him. I need some time to think about everything" I told him with a heavy weight in my heart.

"But why?" He looked perplexed.

I never spoke another word and just left him standing. I didn't want him to see the tears which were forming on the edge of my eye.

I have a lot of things to think through. Dragging my lover boy into this mess will only complicate everything further. I need to talk to Ryan.

I had to decide between the two.

Loverboy or Ryan.

Who will it be?

Secret admirer pov

Jay and I were discussing our next move when suddenly Cole came barging in.

"Hey, bro. I have some news" he said.

He took my note from his jeans pocket and gave it back to me. I nodded my head in disapproval." I don't understand Cole. Why didn't you give her my note.?

"I gave her the note but she told me to give it back to you. Something is seriously off about her. I think maybe it's time you don't send these to her. I think she has lost interest ".
He stated that he knew what he was talking about.

" Everything was going on great. I don't understand what changed her mind." I spoke more to myself

Cole gave me a sad smile.

I had only one thing to do.

I took out my spare phone and typed.

"Mia we need to talk".