Chapter two

With hesitation and confusion, I opened the note to uncover the beautiful words.

' Hey, Mia,
Why would you give my first love note to Nikki?
You were the one who captured my eyes.
You were the one who made my heart race.
Your eyes are enough to make my day.
I love you, Mia.
- Secret admirer '.

Shock was what I felt. Someone loved me for who I am. Is that even possible without getting to know each other? I cannot be blind to believe some anonymous guy's writing. It can be a trick as well. I guess I will have to be cautious and find out with time.

People began to crowd up the hallway. Millions of thoughts were running in my mind as my eyes glanced around. Who could it be?

For the time being, I don't want Nikki to learn about this. If it turns out to be a stunt, she will go all ninja on the person who did it.

Oh, how I wish it could be Ryan. But I knew in my heart that he wouldn't see me like that. There's no way my desire can turn into a reality.

When I arrived home after a long tiring day, I could not concentrate on my studies. Thoughts about my secret admirer colonized my mind. I attempted to focus on my studies and think about it later.

Wednesday

I woke up with a bright smile on my face, very much curious about the note I would get today if I got any. I got ready as quickly as I could. I was the first one to reach school since it was too early for classes to start. I ran a marathon for my locker and to my greatest disappointment there was no note. Maybe someone did play with me and left when they didn't get a reaction out of me.

After three classes with the mental distraction of not receiving the note, I left for the cafeteria.

On the way, I spun around to someone yelling my name. It's Adam.

Adam is my childhood best friend. He could not attend school for the past two days due to his flu. So I went to his house yesterday to keep him updated on our assignments. Kate is the name of his beautiful girlfriend. They have been dating for the past two years. Such a lovely couple.

" Hey Adam what's up? "

" Hey, Mia bear. Just wanted to return these books you gave me yesterday. "

"Ah... Again with the nickname. Adam, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that? I'm grown up you know" I groaned.

" As long as I get a reaction out of you," he said ruffling my hair as I pushed his hand away.

He handed me my books as I asked about his health.

" I am starving. Let's go eat" I said pulling his hands towards the smell of delicious food.

We sat at our usual lunch spot after Nikki and Kate joined us. I forgot to keep my book in my locker. So I excused myself and left the cafeteria.

Daydreaming about Ryan I bumped into somebody. The book in my hand fell with a loud thud. I apologized and bent down to take my books when something caught my eye sticking out through the pages.

The pink note.