Chapter seventeen

It was our wedding night. My body was exhausted from all the fun I had at the wedding. For some odd reason, my stomach twisted at the thought of me and Ryan in the same room. I had never shared my bed with anyone in my life. I needed my space if I had to keep my growing emotions for Ryan at bay. A lot of thoughts clouded my mind to find alternatives and avoid spending the night with him. I was already dressed in my pajamas.

The room was beautiful with a king-sized bed and the walls had the most beautiful paintings. The room also had two recliners and a huge flat screen and the smell of roses filled my senses. The fabrics were unique in style. This room was beyond my imagination in every way. It was attached to a huge, long balcony overlooking the night sky and a bright backyard filled with lights.

I sat on the bed not knowing what to do until Ryan showed up.

He was already dressed in his pjs too. He closed the door behind him and I felt anxious with each passing second.

Ryan understood my state as he casually lifted me bridal style and gently placed me in the recliner in front of the big flat screen.

I was confused by his gesture but he simply sat beside me and took my hands in his like it was the most casual thing to do.

"Mia loosen up. I can see that you are nervous and would break down at any moment. There is nothing to be worried about. Consider me as your good friend." he said grinning." I hope you like PS. Do you wanna play? " he said pointing to the remotes.

I jumped happily and joined him at the mention of PS. We played all night long without blinking our eyes. I won most of the time but Ryan was a tough competitor. There was a lot of screaming, punching with the elbows, and teasing words.

" Mia, come on, how do you even do that? You are not the typical girl, are you? The way you play..." Just then I shot his player in the chest and I won the game.

" Yes baby, Yes" I shouted aloud.

Ryan looked at me with an amused smile." Mia, you have to dial down your voice a little because we don't want people to get the wrong idea "  he smirked.

" What wrong idea?"  I looked perplexed and suddenly realized what he meant and blushed deep red.

Ryan looked away from me as he concentrated on the screen again.

"No no no. I think that it sounds different than this." I confidently replied.

Ryan laughed but not before turning around to tease me again "You wanna try and see? We can experiment right now to know the difference between your screams wifey." and winked.

Right. If he is going to tease me then two can play at this.

Suddenly I moved closer to him as his posture changed from teasing to all seriousness. I inched closer and closer till our breath touched our faces." Let's try then" I replied in a seducing voice.

Ryan gulped as his gaze never left my face.

I moved back abruptly and laughed out loud.

Ryan let out a deep breath as he slumped his head back on the couch.
" Mrs.Mia, you are truly testing my mood but don't think I am gonna leave you at that" he warned me and he stood up and started running towards me. Just like that the next few minutes we were running around as Ryan tried his best to get hold of me.

I finally gave up as I fell back on his bed with my hands on my stomach to catch my breath. Ryan did the same as he fell back next to me and shifted to tower me so that I was under his embrace.

" Don't tease about these things Mia because you will never know what will happen next." he softly spoke as he maintained eye contact the whole time.

He stood up to take his place back in the recliner.

What did he mean when he said we will never know what will happen next?

Soon after I sat in my place as we resumed playing again.

We lost count of time and it was already dawn. It wouldn't hurt to say that this was the best night of my life.

Ryan was cheerful and fun-loving once I got to know him and at that moment I realized he would be my good friend for a lifetime. But somewhere deep inside me, those old feelings were starting to resurface without my knowledge.

And the rest of the day we slept. Ryan slept on the couch while I slept on the bed. He is such a gentleman.

It was already time to say our goodbyes. We started our road trip after we parted ways saying byes.

The trip back home was peaceful. Surprisingly I enjoyed the occasion. All my fears and worries were gone. My lover boy kept texting while I returned home. I decided not to tell him about the wedding as it was not something that was going to last. I got a few texts from Nikki and Adam about my whereabouts. I just replied I was off visiting my sick grandpa. They stopped attacking me with questions after that.

The familiar smell of my home welcomed me. I slept in my room comfortably for the rest of the day like a baby.

Tomorrow is a new day.

I cannot wait to get my lover boy's notes.

Oh, I cannot wait to see Ryan too...  

Wait what?!?!

I am in big trouble.