Chapter three

What! For a split second, I suspected Adam. But as his childhood friend, I knew Adam only looked at me like a baby sister he never had.

Confusion clouded my mind on how the note ended up in my book. Only one person can answer me.

Adam.

I texted Adam to meet me outside the cafeteria alone.

Meanwhile, I opened the note that was in my hand.

' Hey Mia,
Looks like you came to school early in the morning to look for my notes. I saw how you scanned all the corners of your locker for my notes. Sorry sweetheart for disappointing you.
I wish I could come in person and disclose my true self. But it's harder than it sounds Mia, for a lot of reasons. I love you, Mia. Only these notes can truly express how I feel about you.
- Secret admirer '

OMG. He was here in the morning and he watched me turn my locker upside down. And he was very good at hiding. I bet he liked the fact that I was way too curious to know who he was. Argh that's embarrassing. But how did he manage to keep the note in my book which was with Adam?

And right on time, Adam appeared looking distressed.

" Mia, is everything alright? Why did you want me to meet you alone"

" I wanna tell you something, Adam. I don't know how you will react "

" Mia you are stressing me out. What's the issue? "

" Well, Adam..." I trailed off and finally decided to tell him everything.

After a few moments of listening to what happened, he finally spoke.

" Mia I am not sure if you can trust this guy. Come on. What explanations can he have for not coming in person and asking you out? Well anyway to answer your question, I had your book with me throughout the day. No one took it from me unless.. "

" Unless...? "

"Unless it took place while I left your book on my table to talk with the football team captain. Your so-called secret admirer must have done the act while I was gone "

" Okay. When did this happen.? "

He replied after momentarily thinking, " Miss Allen's class second period "

" Good. He shared my first-period classes on Monday because he saw that I gave the note to Nikki. Now if we can relate to the guys who attend both classes, I believe we have our winner. Do you think it will work? "

" Mia I like where you are heading with this. I'll try to make a list of the guys who attend both classes. Give me a day. I'll give you the list tomorrow "

"Let's do this then. "

"Does Nikki know about this secret admirer of yours "

" No. I don't want to worry her if this turns out to be some kind of a sick joke. She will go all commando on the one who did it and we can expect a WWE show"

" Hey, what makes you think I will leave him without a WWE show? " Adam replied with a look of hurt.

" I know you will do the same. But I need your help finding him. To know if he meant what he wrote. You are my only possibility to find him, Adam. "

" Okay fine. But if he tries to hurt you in any way I will kill him with my own bare hands. There's no stopping "

I shook in agreement. My lips curved into a small smile knowing that Adam cares about me a lot. Kate is fortunate to have him.

Shortly after our meeting, we went back to the cafeteria and sat in our seats.

I looked around to hunt for any pair of eyes on me. Unfortunately none. I will have to hold off till tomorrow.

True love or a nasty stunt?