Chapter five

Mia's POV

Thursday

Today is the day I am going to bust my secret admirer. Adam has organized a list of students who attend both classes. It has narrowed down to 7 guys. All super hot and cute guys.

I quickened my pace in the hallway after spotting my best friend.

" Adam show me the list " I leaped on him

" Hey... Good morning to you too Mia " he replied suddenly startled by my presence.

" I can't wait to see the list. Give me the list Adam" I almost yanked it.

" Are you that excited to know who he is?  Anyway, the guys on the list are good-looking. I am sure you will have cute babies " he answered with a wide smile, holding them away.

I sighed " I am losing my patience here. Is Ryan included? "

Adam's face abruptly changed from happy to sad." No Mia. He is not one of them. "

His words are enough to drop my face. I wish Ryan was included in that list. But no. He would never look at me like that.
If my secret admirer meant what he said then maybe I will give him a chance. I have to get his notes today.

" Hey, Mia. Back to earth. You just zoned out." he said waving his hands in front of my face.

" Sorry. What were you saying? "

" Here is the list. Even if it doesn't include Ryan, I am sure you will like someone from this list. "

" Thanks, Adam," I said seizing the list from him.

" What else do I have to live for Mia bear "

" Argh.  You are annoying and sweet at the same time. Don't call me Mia Bear. " I answered giving him a stern look.

He puts up his hands in surrender. " Fine. Let's go through the FBI file case. "

LIST

1. Shane
2. Aiden
3. Josh
4. Zack
5. William
6. Nick
7. Stuart

Wow. Most guys are included in the wanted list for boyfriends.

" William is in a relationship with Sara. So that rules him out. "

The list was narrowed down to six.

"  Let's start with the first one. You watch Shane today in class and try to get some clues." Adam said.

" Okay will do. Bye Adam". With those words, I parted for my class.

I sat in my usual spot in Ms. David's class and commenced taking notes. Nikki didn't come to school today. So I had a vacant seat next to me. From the corner of my eye, I looked at Shane. He sat behind Ryan and threw paper balls at his head. He didn't seem like the person to have an attraction to me. He hasn't looked my way since the start of class.

" Mr. Shane Phillips " Ms. David glared at Shane. "Do you mind explaining what's happening with all the paper balls I see? "

Shane gave her back a bored look like it's usual for him to get into trouble.

She proceeds with her stern look. " I suggest you shift your place near Ms. Walter for the rest of the class "

Did I just hear my name being called? Wow. Now is my opportunity to look for clues.

Shane obliged and took a seat next to me. Class started again.

I turned my head to the front of the class. I really wanted to peek at him. So I slowly spun my head towards him and that's when he caught me red-handed. Shane was looking at me the whole time like he yearned to say something. He looked a little hesitantly .

Finally, he started conversing. " Hey, Mia right? "

I nodded.

" I am Shane. I have failed to notice that you look really adorable"

Oh God. My cheeks started to become red. " Thanks," I said softly.

" I was wondering if you wanna come to a party I am hosting this weekend. "

Is he asking me out? Could this be my secret admirer?

" Are you asking me out on a date?" I spoke up without thought. I immediately positioned my hands on my mouth as I recognized what I said.

He scratched his head as if embarrassed. " No Mia. I didn't mean like that. It's just that...... Okay here's the truth. I like your friend Nikki"

Aha. Here it goes. The answer to all my questions. That officially strikes him out. One out. 5 more to go.

He continued talking. " I have made an effort to ask her out plenty of times. But it's not working. So if you insist, she will come with you to the party and I can talk to her better. I know I am a jerk for asking you such a favor. But I have got no other choice. Will you do this favour for me pleaseeeee " he made a puppy face as he trailed on with the 'eyes'.

Awe. I should admit. Anyone would fall for his charm. He looked truly adorable and it was difficult to say 'no' to a face like that.

" So that's why you are talking to me. " I said faking a pained expression.

He objected immediately. " No Mia. I also wanna get to know you better since you will be the best friend of my future girlfriend ".

I grinned a little. " Okay fine. But if you ever hurt my friend, I will make sure you don't see daylight " I threatened.

" Oh wow. I think I underestimated you. I promise you that I won't hurt her. But I need a chance to prove that. "

" We will come to the party. Don't worry "

An adorable grin emerged on his face. " Thanks a lot, darling. See you around". He winked at me and left as class was over.

As I gathered my things, Adam appeared near my table.

" Hey, Adam. I wanna tell you........ "

" Before you say anything, I have got something for you". He unlocked his backpack and revealed the note he was carrying. 

Two bright pink notes.