Chapter fourty one

Amelias pov.

Once Zack left the table, Mia spoke up.

" I am sorry you guys. I don't understand what came over me."

Ryan was quiet.

"Ryan.." she tried to talk to him.

" Mia I know you had a history with him. You have moved on with me. So it's high time you let him live his life." He spoke to her softly while rubbing her back.

" So you are not angry. ?" She asked him.

" Not at all. I knew this would happen someday. He was your past love and you will need time to accept him dating someone else. So whatever you are feeling is all fine. But he is ready to take the next step. Don't pull him down now. Let him move on Mia. He needs to feel love again".

'Awee Ryan, thank you so much' I thought in my heart.

" Thank you, Ryan. Thank you for understanding. It's not that I am jealous. Zack has already gone through so much with me. I want the next girl coming into his life to take care of him emotionally. If the girl he finds is good, I will be happy for him too" She warmly smiled at him and hugged him sideways.

A sharp pain hit my stomach. The cramps were so strong it was hard for me to breathe. I started crying out in pain.

My friends were by my side immediately.

Soon I was referred to a nearby hospital.

Doctors came in and out until finally I was feeling better and my friends were allowed to meet me. All were here except Zack.

Zack came in last minute, but before he could hug or kiss me, he took in our surroundings, our friends. So he just asked if I was okay and I nodded.

The doctor came in and asked my friends to leave to ask me some questions.

But I was not ready to let them go especially Zack and I requested my doctor to let them stay. The doctor asked me a bunch of questions but the last one made me wide awake.

" When was your last period?"

Realization hit me hard. I was already late by one month.

I started to think about the inevitable. There was a high chance I was pregnant. I was never late.

" I am late by a month," I said the words that were more targeted towards Zack.

The doctor took in my silence.

" Do you think we need to do a pregnancy test?" the doctor asked.

All my friends were listening to our conversation.

My eyes started to water. Having a baby seemed like a huge deal at that moment. What would Zack do? Will he leave me once he finds out? So many questions were running in my mind.

" Yes, doctor. Please do a pregnancy test" Zack spoke.

He was the center of the room now.

The doctor left to fix an appointment for an ultrasound while I stayed fixed on my hands that lay on my sheets. Drops of tears fell on my sheets as they stained them darkly.

The place near me was occupied by Zack as he immediately embraced me into a tight hug and the waterfalls just broke away.

Zack tried to console me through everything.

He finally took hold of my face while wiping away the tears with his thumb.
" Baby, I am going to be with you all through the way. There is no way I will leave you alone. We will face it together. I love you."

His words only brought more tears as he positioned me and hugged me sideways while our fronts were facing our group. My eyes were too blurry to look at their reactions.

"Zack.. what is happening?." Mia asked confused.

"For the past few months, we have been in a relationship. We thought we would make it official after a few days but...oh and the hickey on my neck was given by Amelia" he proudly teased me.

I hit his chest hard for him to cry in pain.

Mia came by my side. " Is it true that you are together?" She asked more concerned.

I nodded with my tear-stained eyes.

" I am happy for you guys. But promise me, Amelia, that you will take good care of him" She reached out her hand.

" I love him more than you know Mia. I promise" I squeezed her hand reassuringly.

Part of me felt bad that Mia had to find this way but I am happy that all is good in the end.

Mia's pov

Still standing in Amelia's room, their relationship was too alien to me.

Amelia and Zack. Who would have thought?

I went outside for some fresh air while Ryan was on my toe.
He slid his hand over my shoulder as we sat alone outside the room.

" You okay?" He cooed to me.

How can Ryan be so understanding after everything? Shouldn't he be mad or something?

" How can you be so calm about all this? I am overreacting to my ex. I almost yelled at him in the morning. Doesn't all this make you uncomfortable?" I asked confused.

Ryan shook his head in laughter.
" Mia, only a few days ago you regained your memory. You guys dated for a long time. He changed schools for you. But still, you chose me in a heartbeat. If Zack needs a healing time so will you. Trust me, Mia. In a few days, you would not feel a thing about him. All that you will have are good memories and a good friendship in the long run"

Joyful tears left my eyes. He was right about everything. I would always choose Ryan over anyone. Zack was a major part of my life. My first love. But each passing day has made my past a distant memory. I hugged him more tightly as we rested like that for a while.

Life indeed is beautiful when Ryan is with me.