Chapter four

Secret admirer POV

There she is. My angel Mia. The one I have been crushing on for a long time. I didn't realize when I started loving her. She twisted my world upside down. I still recall the first day I saw her. She immediately caught my eye.

I haven't approached her or talked to her till now. It has to be that way for some time for her good. I cannot reveal myself. But I need to let her know the bottled-up feelings I have suppressed for a long time. She is permitted only to see my heart and not me. At the end of summer, I chose to write love notes to her as a way of communication. To let her know that I exist.

The one person who knew about my feelings for her was my best friend Jay. Jay knows why I'm doing this and he totally supports me.

On the first day of school, I clung the note to her side of the table before she came in.  I was eager to see her reaction. My first move to show her that I love her. But she passed on the note to her friend. That did shatter my heart into pieces. But finally, I acknowledged that she felt the note was for her friend.

So the next day I made sure she got the hint that it was for her. I mentioned her name and dropped it inside her locker. I heard footsteps closing so I hid myself. It was her. My Mia.

When she saw the note, she looked stunned.

The next day I deliberately did not leave a note but watched her from afar. She dug through all the corners of her locker for the little note. She looked cute when she kicked on the locker in frustration. That made me happy. It gave me the confidence that I needed to carry on with my plans.

I was uncovering ways to give her the notes but established none. I had to meet Stuart the captain of the football team regarding our next game. As I passed by Adam's row I saw a book with the name Mia. Adam was Mia's best friend and I knew for a fact that he would return the book to her. So without anyone seeing I inserted the note into her book.

Adam gave the book to Mia as I hoped. She left the cafeteria and soon after Adam followed her. When they both returned, a full-blown grin was plastered on their faces. I knew instantly they were trying to go all Sherlock on me.

Mia is a clever girl and she won't need a long time to find me. So I had to be careful.

They think they have it all figured out. But I know how her brain works.

Too bad Mia.
You can't catch me so easily.

Good luck.