Chapter one

Hi all.

So my name is Mia Walter. I live in a happy family with a cheerful mom, dad, and a four-year-old adorable brother.

Mia's POV

Monday

It's the start of another new year at school after a long summer break. I woke up to the sound of my alarm and I was already late by 10 minutes. Quickly I hurried my way to the bathroom and finished my morning routine. I could hear the sounds from downstairs, my little brother Dylan jumped up and down for candies. I got dressed up with a simple jeans and a T-shirt.

My body is in perfect shape, an average-looking girl. I am not very conscious when it comes to my looks unlike my best friend Nikki.
Breakfast was fast served and I rushed my way to the car.

West High School gleamed with all its glory. The parking lot was crammed with cars and packed with students. I parked my car and entered the hallway as my eyes carefully searched for my best friend Nikki.

Cute, blond, and with curves in the right places, she is the epitome of beauty and every guy's dream girl. Unlike popular girls who behave like they own the school, Nikki is caring, sweet, and respects other's feelings. She is like an overprotective sister I never had. Nikki has not had any luck with relationships. She has dated two guys. While the first guy cheated on her, the second guy left her, not bearing the attention she got at school. After those two, Nikki quit dating altogether. But she got a lot of love notes and proposals to go on dates. She always turned them down without hurting their feelings.

After scanning the crowds for Nikki, I reached my locker and hunted for the essentials. Suddenly a pair of manicured hands hugged me tightly from behind. I don't have to turn around to know who it was.

"Can't breathe" I said and that's when she released me.

"Mia, I missed you a lot this summer. How are you? "

"Never been better. How was Italy? Did you have fun?"

"Fun and gotta chance to see some cute guys. How was yours? " she finished with a wink.

I laughed a little, " I took Bible classes for small kids in my church. It was fun too"

" Oh, I forgot you are the ' Every Sunday I visit my church without fail type of girl'."

I slightly hit her hand." You know how I love Jesus "

" Yea, Yea. I do too"

We caught up on all that we did this summer and that's when he came into view.

Ryan Wilson.

The school's hottest guy. I had a big crush on him for almost a year now but then who doesn't? He is a Greek god in disguise. With his sharp features and his notable height, he is the dream of almost every girl in West High. Any girl would fall for him in the blink of an eye.

When I noticed him standing in a corner with his friends, he was laughing at some joke his friend said. His eyes roamed around the crowd until it fell on me. Without any reaction, he glanced away.

I knew I would never get the attention of the school's popular guy. It's not that I'm overly obsessed with his looks. Ryan is also known for his good character. He does not sleep around with girls who toss themselves at him. I haven't seen him date any girl. But one person had her eyes always glued on him. The school's queen bee Stella.

Speaking of the devil, I noticed Stella giving him a light kiss on his cheeks. It broke my heart but still, I masked my emotions with a smile. I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me when Ryan seemed least interested in her gesture.

The bell rang signalling the start of our class. I bounced my head aimlessly to whatever Nikki was chatting about and took a place next to her in class.

Ms. Davis joined our class as everyone started to settle down. I bent down to grab my pencils when I noticed a cute little pink note stuck to the edge of my table. The note was not addressed to anyone in particular.

This is not something new to me as Nikki got a lot of notes from guys, some even approached me to give her the notes.

But it confused me as to why it was attached to my side of the table.
I opened the note carefully as it read, 

' I have fallen in love with a girl ever since I laid my eyes on her. But she was oblivious to my love and still is. Will she see my heart someday and realize that the one reading this note is her.'      - Secret admirer.

Oh God. This has to be for Nikki. I could not think of any guy who would come out of the blue to write such a beautiful note for me. I slid the note to her as she slipped it into her backpack like she was so used to doing it every day.

The day ended as usual. Someplace in the back of my mind, I wished the letter was for me. Maybe I will get one someday.

Tuesday

I reached school early as I woke up early. The school was still deserted which meant I had a lot of time to kill before I saw Nikki. I stepped towards my locker but halted on the way when I saw something clinging to it.

The same pink note.

My eyes bulged wide as realization hit me. Oh my God. It does not belong to Nikki. It belongs to me.

It's my secret admirer.