Chapter Eleven

I felt rooted to the spot unable to move as they kept shouting at each other.

" Well, at least you had the brains to know that Mia is disgusting. Tell me about the girl you love right now. "she demanded.

Ryan heaved a big sigh. "She doesn't go to this school. She's a childhood friend. Don't you dare trace her down and show your evil side. Just get the hell out of my life. I have had enough of your bullshit".

I heard footsteps approaching the door while Stella still shouted at him. " Ryan don't you dare walk away from me. If you do so I will kill myself and you are to be blamed for your whole life. "

" You think I will feel sorry for you? You mean nothing to me. Do whatever you want. I don't care".

"Ryan stop. Please. Listen to me" " She kept on calling for him.

But like Ryan said he didn't care.

Footsteps become louder with her voice. I moved away from the door.

Ryan stormed away in the opposite direction without noticing me.

I could hear cries and things breaking inside the classroom.
Unable to bear the noises she made, I walked away.

I looked down at the bright pink note gleaming at me.
I slowly opened it.

'Hey, beautiful,
           You are the happiest thing that happened in my life. Your smile alone is enough to make my day. You hold my heart, Mia. I will love you forever unconditionally.
            - Secret admirer. '

I wiped away the tear that just slipped. I know it's crazy to love someone without seeing them. But I think I am falling for him hard with each passing day. He turned my worst day into a lovely one. I don't need Ryan or anyone to keep me happy. His notes can do the job pretty well.

On my way home, I kept thinking about my lover boy. I unlocked the doors when I saw my mom and dad having a restless argument.

"What's happening ?" I asked them feeling exhausted from all the drama that happened in school.

They looked at me with uneasy expressions.

"Sweety......." my mom started to trail.

There is something wrong. My mom wouldn't hesitate to speak unless there was real big trouble.

Frightened,  I took a seat beside them. They looked at each other before looking at me.

My mom began to speak. "Mia there's something you need to know. We.... I... " My mom was stuck for words.

My dad kept his hand on her shoulder giving her a reassuring smile.

He continued to speak. " Mia, What I am going to tell you may sound frightening or out of the world. But you have to listen to me patiently before saying anything. "

I nodded in agreement.

" Darling I kept a big secret away from you all these years. ".

My heart kept beating faster and faster with every passing minute.

He paused for a few minutes before he started again.  " I left my father and ran away when I was young. I was madly in love with your mom. But he didn't approve of my love for her. He refused our marriage proposal and threatened that he wouldn't give a penny if I married your mom. I married her anyway and left him with all his inheritance as his only son. Your mom was the best thing that ever happened to me. " He glanced at my mom with eyes full of love, squeezing her hand.  "We Lost all contact ever since " I was happy that my dad chose my mom over everything.

But I was perplexed by his confession. "Dad, why are you telling me now all of a sudden.?"

"Have you heard about David? The businessman of the year.? " he cautiously asked me.

"Yes, Dad. Who hasn't?  He is one of the top billionaires in New York City. What about him? " I asked not understanding where he was leading me.

"Well you may not believe what I say but"

"He is your grandfather ".